Economic Outlook for 2003
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. // China Business Forecast Report;2006 4th Quarter, p33
The article provides information on the domestic business environment in China relative to its economic strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, labor force, and foreign investment policy for 2006.
- Domino effect? Hilsley, Paul // Prospect;Sep2013, Issue 210, p64
The article offers the author's insights on the impacts of the economic condition of China to the western countries.
- China Is Here. Sirota, David // Progressive Populist;8/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p7
The article discusses the economic condition of China. The author asserts that China has attained a strong economic growth which emerges as one of the successful countries that has effectively deal income inequality. The author also compares the economic condition of the U.S. during 1900 with...
- RISK SUMMARY: CHINA. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Nov2007, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p4
The article provides a risk summary to the political and economic conditions and business environment in China. The country's opposition to any United Nations (UN) Security Council action against Myanmar could strain ties between China and the West. The status of the consumer confidence index...
- Good News From China. Flavin, Christopher // World Watch;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the economic condition of China in 2004. Commitment of the country to accelerate its use of renewable energy; Significance of the use of renewable energy to the country's economy; Ecological challenges faced by the country.
- CHINESE URBAN JOBS AND THE WTO. Solinger, Dorothy J. // China Journal;Jan2003, Issue 49, p61
The article explores the impact of China's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) on the country's urban workforce. The author conceives that although entering the WTO will not by itself create joblessness, it will intensify several alarming trends. For instance, by heightening...
- 10-Year Forecasts - Can The Dragon Be Tamed? // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Sep2008, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
The article presents an analysis on economic conditions of China. Analysts project that the pace of the country's economic expansion will nonetheless stay rapid even by emerging market standards. Economic growth of China is forecasted to reach the average of 8.7% over the next 10 years....
- One Step Forward . . .(Letter). Liu, Jun; Murphy, Charles G. // Fortune;10/15/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 7, p30
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "China's Great Step Forward," which appeared in the September 17, 2001 issue.
- '04 may bring route to recovery. Brown, Marvin C. // Plastics News;1/12/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p1
In spite of vexing economic issues and the proverbial China thorn in their sides, processors are looking favorably down the road of 2004. In a fax poll conducted by the periodical "Plastics News," 73.3 percent of responding processors said they have very favorable or somewhat favorable attitudes...