Sorrento Strengthens Footprint in Asia
- Sorrento Electronics Takes Lead Among General Atomics Units. // San Diego Business Journal;1/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p8
Reports that General Atomics has integrated its spring 2000 acquisitions from Maxwell Technologies Inc. into its Sorrento Electronics affiliate. Housing of manufacturing, engineering and administration functions at the company's building in Kearny Mesa, California; Number of layoffs resulting...
- Mixed signal microcontroller. Reid, Wes // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p8
Discusses information that the Microchip Corporation's PIC14000 microcontroller integrates a number of peripherals that are often requested by system designers.
- Technology. Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;02/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p14
Highlights a report released by the Healthcare Leadership Council which indicates that some of the privacy bills on the table could actually hinder the launch of electronic records. Reference to many complaining that federal proposals on electronic medical record privacy do not go far enough in...
- Electronic reserve--a staff development opportunity. Smith, Robyn // Australian Library Journal;Aug97, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p314
Presents a case study of the electronic reserve services and staff development opportunities by Queensland University of Technology Library. Features the QUT project; Information on the E-Reserve pilot project; Advantages of the project.
- Sing it loud: The highest SEERs offer worthwhile savings. Maclean, Ryan // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/07/97, Vol. 201 Issue 10, p30
Editorial. Comments on the advantages of the System for Electronic Evaluation and Retrieval (SEER). Benefits of the use of SEER; Cost savings using the system.
- System design news. // Electronic Design;2/5/96, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p116
Reports on developments concerning electronic systems in the United States, for the week ending February 5, 1996. NEC Electronics Inc.'s development of an 8-Mbit version of the Rambus RDRAM; Hitachi America Ltd.'s development of a 16-Mbit synchronous dynamic random access memory; Information on...
- Second-generation UMA systems. Tong, Tony // Electronic Design;02/03/97, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p133
Focuses on different types of shared system and graphics memory for next-generation electronic systems. Shared-memory architecture; Unified-memory architecture; Advanced graphics port.
- Net name shortage? Trager, Louis; Rodger, Will // Inter@ctive Week;02/09/98, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p1
Warns that an avalanche of electronic devices could mean the Net will run out of addresses years earlier than expected, by Internet Protocol pioneer Vinton Cerf. Information on the rejection of a proposal.
- Great stuff. // Popular Mechanics;Jun97, Vol. 174 Issue 6, p108
Presents the different products for home improvement, automotive and electronics. Design of Scorpion A/T radial tire; Honda FR750, counterrotating tine tillers; Power Anthro running and cross-training shoe; ZTR mower; Avatar Peripherals Shark 250; Pocket pumps, a compact sports pump; Powermate...