NPL Launches Reports on CD
- Experimental and numerical studies on liquid bridge formed among three spheres. Murase, Kazuo; Mochida, Tsuyoshi; Sugama, Hiroyuki // Granular Matter;Oct2004, Vol. 6 Issue 2/3, p111
Static characteristics and dynamic strength of a liquid bridge formed between vertically arranged two spheres and among three spheres were experimentally and numerically investigated. The existences of minimum and maximum bridge volumes were experimentally determined. The shapes at intermediate...
- EPSRC technology management initiative. // Professional Engineering;11/05/97, Vol. 10 Issue 20, p51
Reports on the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council's meeting to discuss projects which look at capturing customer requirements, technology acquisition process and complex product systems, on December 9, 1997 in England. Other topics for discussion; Contact information.
- Praised research work faces axe. // Professional Engineering;03/12/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the British Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) plans to cut funding for Interdisciplinary Research Centers (IRCs) if a planned cut in government funding is implemented in the year 1997. Engineering industry's acknowledgement of the IRC program's success.
- Simulating the effect of acoustic treatment types for residential balconies with road traffic noise. Naish, D. // Noise & Vibration Worldwide;Dec2015, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p25
The article focuses on a study published in the 2014 issue of the journal "Applied Acoustics" which reveals the effect of acoustic treatment types and difference in speech interference level due to road traffic noise between a reference position and balcony position.
- EPSRC funding changes court controversy. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2011/Jan2012, Issue 846, p18
The article reports on the concerns voiced by physical scientists on the changes in the way the British Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) funds research.
- Cash for exciting research. // Professional Engineering;06/24/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p10
Reports that the United Kingdom (UK) Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) gave researchers 250, 000 pounds, to assist with research projects. Terms applicable to the funds that were issued; Aims of the project; Comments from Geoffrey Moore, EPSRC head of public...
- Fast cash for laser research. // Engineer (00137758);4/6/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7792, p8
The article reports that researchers from the University of Southampton and University of Saint Andrews received about 795,000 pounds from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to investigate ultrafast multi-gigahertz (GHz) waveguide lasers in Great Britain.
- Anomalous decrease in the activation energy and initiation temperature of a thermal explosion in the mechanically activated composition 3Ni + Al. Filimonov, V. Yu.; Korchagin, M. A.; Evstigneev, V. V.; Lyakhov, N. Z. // Doklady Physics;Jun2009, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p277
The article focuses on the study which describes the effectiveness of self-propagating high temperature synthesis (SHS) and mechanical activation (MA) methods to inorganic materials. An experimental result showed that there was an abrupt decrease of combustion temperature in the activation...
- An investigation of the unstable region for dense phase conveying in sliding bed flow. Mills, David // Granular Matter;Oct2004, Vol. 6 Issue 2/3, p173
For fine powdered materials, capable of being conveyed in dense phase, a conveying region exists in which instability in flow and pipeline blockage can occur if the pressure gradient available is insufficient to maintain a minimum value of solids loading ratio. A reduction in material flow rate...