New Orleans schools likely to test state voucher system
- Support For Vouchers Drops, New Poll Shows. // Church & State;Nov2000, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p19
Cites the results of a survey showing the decline of public support for private school vouchers in the United States. Percentage of respondents opposing the voucher system.
- Voucher study finds support for accountability. Schnaiberg, Lynn // Education Week;02/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p5
Presents the findings of the Public Policy Forum of Milwaukee, Wisconsin about the attitudes of taxpayers on the expansion of the voucher programs of private schools. Accountability guidelines cited to oversee choice programs involving private schools; Debate on whether to allow vouchers for...
- New poll shows most Americans oppose vouchers. // Church & State;Oct96, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p22
Reports on a survey which shows the opposition of the majority of Americans to giving public funds to private schools. Poll statistics; Same yields of two other polls; Republicans' opposition based on July 1996 poll.
- Poll Question On Vouchers. // Electronic Education Report;10/15/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on a poll related to vouchers for school choice. 54% opposed allowing students and parents to choose a private school at public expense, and 42% favored the idea.
- THIS MONTH'S QUESTION. // njbiz;5/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p3
Presents the poll question posted by "njbiz," magazine about several options in closing the minority-achievement gap in New Jersey. Provision of tax dollars to schools; Demand for the accountability of teachers and school administrators; Implementation of a voucher system to enable students to...
- As Utah Voucher Vote Approaches, Poll Suggests Wide Opposition. // Education Week;10/17/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p4
The article focuses on the issue of school vouchers in the state of Utah. The state is holding a vote about the vouchers, and the article explains that polls taken before the vote suggest that most Utah voters are opposed to the vouchers. The vouchers would allow families to receive money based...
- Vouchers Approved For First Time in Poll. // Education Week;9/7/1981, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the results of a public opinion poll related to tax support for private schools in the U.S. Support for vouchers is particularly high among young adults and members of minority groups while parents of public school students oppose vouchers by a slight plurality. Some...
- Gallup Poll Finds Wide Support for Tuition Vouchers. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;9/23/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the results of a Gallup poll which shows wide support for tuition vouchers in Washington. The results show that 7 out of 10 Americans say they would support a government-backed voucher system, where parents could send their children to public, private or parochial school...
- Gallup Poll Finds Public Support For Vouchers Has Slid Since `83. // Education Week;8/28/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the public opinion on several key education issues including vouchers, sex education, and the role of non-public schools, has shifted in the last few years, according to the 1985 Gallup Poll on education. The poll shows that support for nonpublic schools has risen since...