Success by any other name
- Looking Back to See Our Future. Elman, Carolyn B. // Women in Business;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p5
Reflects on the changes for women in the workplace and the development of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA). Reason behind the foundation of ABWA; Development in the career opportunities facing women; Opportunities facing ABWA members.
- Adversity can't deter determination. Thomas, Jane // Women in Business;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p12
Profiles Susan Walton, a member of Heartland Chapter in Oklahoma City, who also runs Suited for Success which outfits women on government assistance for job interviews. Injuries suffered by Walton in the Oklahoma City bombing; Information on her volunteer organization; Benefits of her...
- Shattering the Glass Ceiling. Street, Ren�; Elman, Carolyn // Women in Business;Apr/May2009, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p6
The author commends several stories about women's career. She mentions the signing of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act by U.S. President Barack Obama which was named after a woman from Alabama who worked as a supervisor for 19 years in a tire factory and complained that she had been paid less...
- You Can Help Earn a Chapter Award. Harvey, Margaret // Women in Business;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p36
Presents suggestions on how you can help your chapter earn an award, by presenting a program module. Chapter management forms available from the chapter president.
- A Small-Town Tip. Harvey, Margaret // Women in Business;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p36
Presents some suggestions for a fund-raiser or fun event for small-town chapters. Describes the Crestview, Fla. Box Lunches on Wheels program.
- 50+ Long-Term Care Plan Available. Harvey, Margaret // Women in Business;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p37
Details the Long-Term Care Plan available from ABWA. Includes address and telephone numbers for more information.
- SPOTLIGHT. // Women in Business;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
Presents some brief notes on how to submit your chapter news to `Spotlight.' Also notes on mock elections; ABWA National Headquarters recently received Kansas City Society of Association Executives' Community Service Recognition Award; The James River Chapter, Richmond, Va. recently collected...
- Making It Easy. Harvey, Margaret // Women in Business;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p38
Gives information for forming a chapter of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA). Marketable skills learned; Chapter requirements.
- Officer Jitters? Harvey, Margaret // Women in Business;Sep/Oct91, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p38
Discusses how to develop the skills necessary to hold office in the American Business Women's Association (ABWA). `The Leadership Challenge' seminar presented at spring ABWA conferences and national conventions.