Judging a book by its cover
- GOOD SIGNS. Chekel, Tom // Bank Marketing;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p36
Discusses ways to enhance marketing in banks through better signage and merchandising. Importance of strategic location of signage; Questions to ask when planning a signage program; Tips on creating signage design. INSET: DESIGNING YOUR SIGNS.
- SPRAY UP OR PAY UP. // Checkout;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p77
A photograph of sign "If You Spray You Must Pay" in a Tesco store is presented.
- ADA product update. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/20/94, Vol. 209 Issue 11, p46
Features AccuBraille's solid-brass Braille signs. Price.
- The last unavoidable medium. Johnson, J. Douglas // Indiana Business Magazine;Oct94, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the advantages of outdoor advertising for businesses. Identity building; Methods of advertising; Traffic and visibility considerations; Innovations in media and structure; Advice for sign construction.
- ANALYSIS: Travel guides. // Design Week (Online Edition);6/16/2011, p9
The article focuses on the role played by the signage and identity designs in the success or failure of urban transport systems in London, Great Britain. The identity designs for urban transport systems should be visible, comprehensible and practical. It informs that the brand should be...
- A GRIPPING SIGN. // Retail Merchandiser;Jan2007, Vol. 47 Issue 1, pS3
The article features a line of sign holders from Marketing Communications Inc.
- What's on the Menu? // Nation's Restaurant News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p13
Describes the MagaLens sign system used by restaurant chain operator Boston Market to allow it to easily revamp and update its menu offerings on a regular basis. Utilization of a magnetically framed sign with a lift-up, nonglare transparent cover under which a poster featuring price, product or...
- Outdoor Advertising Restrictions Strangle High School's Fundraising Efforts. Moorman, Anita M. // Sport Marketing Quarterly;2003, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p190
This article focuses on outdoor advertising restrictions in the U.S. The Iowa Supreme Court upheld a state statute prohibiting outdoor advertising within 660 feet of a state highway. This case is significant, or sport marketers since the prohibited outdoor advertising was 37 booster signs...
- Signs of the Times. De Bois, Gary A. // Your Church;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the importance of church signs in promoting a church ministry in the United States. Factors to consider when making church signs; Goals when choosing a church sign; Role of electronic technology in church marketing. INSET: Billboards for Jesus.