BIG BOX IN THE BIG CITY
- Stores start to return to the city sidewalks. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the increasing number of retailers opening in the revitalized downtowns of Englewood and Red Bank, New Jersey. Downtown revitalization efforts by the New Jersey Alliance Program; Red Bank's preference for independently-owned shops; Names of stores that have opened in downtown sites;...
- Downtown business development: The example of Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. Wagner, Matthew L. // Economic Development Review;Spring95, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p82
Focuses on downtown business development in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. Discussion on the Main Street Program, a four-point approach to downtown revitalization; Case study example; Recruitment process; Efforts to bring retail and other service sector businesses back to downtown; Market analysis.
- Downtown Committee plans retail recruiting event. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);6/10/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that a retail recruiting event has been planned by the Downtown Committee of Syracuse, New York.
- `It's a boom,' say retailers in the CBD. Daugherty, Christie // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/17/95, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p23
Reports on retail trade improvements in downtown New Orleans, Louisiana as of April 1995. Factors to which improvements in the retail trade is attributed; Store expansions by Ann Taylor and Germaine Shoes; Entry of entertainment-type businesses including Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville and...
- Darien working to create a uniquely local retail identity. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p9
Reports on the downtown revitalization campaign in the town of Darien in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Residents' call for more restaurants, retail clothing shops and bookstores; Lack of available retail space; Need to make the town more accessible for unique mom-and-pop stores; Complicated...
- Quiet Group Keeps Eye On Downtown Retail. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the efforts of a retail recruitment committee to attract merchants in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Release of a full-color, illustrated marketing brochure which lists the opportunities available in the downtown area; Impact of the planned decentralization of the police department...
- Citti-Park in LÃ¼beck baut fÃ¼r 100 Mill. Euro um. Müller, Annika // Textilwirtschaft;2/14/2013, Issue 7, p36
The article reports that the Citti Commerce Organization plans to develop a 10,000 meter retail district in Kiel, Germany by 2015.
- Old vs. New. // Shopping Centers Today;Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p91
The article features the opening of the ING's Zlote Tarasy in Warsaw, Poland. The opening of the Zlote Tarasy was among the biggest retail events of 2006. It is a glittering, downtown mixed-used project with 700,000 square feet of retail. Zlote Tarasy's high design stands in stark contrast to...
- Downtown Sudbury at crossroads. Brown, Jim // Northern Ontario Business;Feb2000, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p3B
Reports on how the exodus of retail businesses from downtown Sudbury, Ontario, will impact the area's economic viability. City's development of a master plan that will solidify the downtown's future; Relocation of school boards' offices to downtown locations; Efforts to make the downtown more...