REITs go shopping-for other REITs
- Snagging A Trophy Mall. Kirk, Patricia // Retail Traffic;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p56
Reports on the benefits that real estate investment trusts (REIT) get from trophy malls in the U.S. Stability of occupancy rates; Growth of retail REIT; Strategic acquisitions of REIT.
- Shopping for shopping malls. // Buildings;Sep93, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the practice of shopping for malls. Retail properties offered; Real estate investment trusts stock values; Financial mechanisms used to soften the blow of a poorly performing building.
- Park Mall overhaul to shake up local shopping-center scene. // Inside Tucson Business;10/13/97, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p20B
Reports that the Park Mall in Tucson, Arizona has been purchased by a real estate investment trust. Concern by real estate community about how mall will fare against its competitor General Growth Properties.
- Investors wonder if New Jersey mall could jump-start REIT-backed market. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/17/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30522, p1
Reports on real estate investment trust backed shopping mall project in New Jersey. Bonds issued by the New Jersey Economic Development Authority; Alternative minimum tax of the bonds.
- An Uncommon 1031 Deal. Fickes, Michael // National Real Estate Investor;Aug2003, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p37
Features the Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry, California. Involvement in pension fund or real estate investment trusts; Investment in a tenant-in-common structure; Mechanism individual investors to compete for major pieces of commercial real estate.
- Mall REITs test investor appetite for 'B' assets. Gose, Joe // National Real Estate Investor;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the move of most companies involved in shopping malls real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the U.S. of considering the removal of lower-quality assets from their holdings.
- Regional Mall REIT Q1 2011 Performance. // Retail Traffic Exclusive Insight;4/ 5/2011, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of mall real estate investment trusts (REITs) for the first quarter of 2011 in the U.S. region., which indicates that the total returns for the country's seven regional mall REITs have reached 6.30% in the quarter.
- Mall REITs see bright future despite sales slowdown. // SCTWeek;11/1/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p2
The article explores the slower sales growth at U.S. malls owned by real estate investment trusts (REIT) in third quarter 2013, when it also continued to see opportunities to boost leasing spreads and same center net operating income. General Properties saw tenant sales jump by 3.8 percent for...
- New Life for a Moribund Local Shopping Mall. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;5/3/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p36
Reports on the plan of Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust to revive the Echelon Mall in Voorhees Township, New Jersey in 2004. Background on the mall; Details of the plan; Obstacles to the plan.