Circuit City's Christmas Grinch
- Equity investors scrutinize ABS. MG; KD // Asset Securitization Report;2/25/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p1
Cites reports indicating the negative effects of equity investors' concerns on Circuit City's use of securitization as a funding technique. Decline of the firm's stock price in February 2002; Impact of the Enron accounting scandals on investors' confidence.
- Circuit City woes: economy induced or self-inflicted? // DSN Retailing Today;11/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the financial problems facing the retailer Circuit City in the U.S. in 2000. Factors attributed to its sales decline; Details of its stock performance; Remodeling plans for its entire store base in 2001.
- WEEK IN review. Allen, Mike; Graves, Brad; Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p45
The article presents business news briefs in California. Shares of nurse staffing company AMN Healthcare Service declined by $1.44. Circuity City Stores Inc. plans to close 155 stores including those in Escondido and Vista. The net loss of specialty pharmaceutical company Santarus has declined...
- Circuit City faces closings, buyout bid. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;2/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the buyout offer to the retailer Circuit City Stores Inc. in the U.S. Cost cutting initiatives of the company; Increase in the stock prices of the firm; Closure of several stores of the company.
- Mexican Billionaire Buys Millions of Circuit City Stock. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/23/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the equity stake acquired by Mexican billionaire Ricardo Salinas in consumer electronics retailer Circuit City Stores. Salinas acquired an estimated 30 million or more shares of the retailer, making it the chain's largest shareholder. His total share now tops 47.2 million...
- Circuit City Slashes Stores on Economy. Martin, Scott // Red Herring;11/3/2008, p5
The article reports on the plan of Circuit City to close 155 retail stores and layoff some workers as a result of the economic downturn. Its shares jumped $0.09, or 35 percent, to $0.35 in midday trading after the announcement. It plans to cut 17% of work force as a result of shutting down...
- CIRCUIT CITY BOARD REJECTS BUYOUT. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;3/13/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the rejection made by Circuit City Stores' board of directors on shareholder Highfields Capital Management's bid to purchase all of the chain's outstanding shares. Claim of the board that the chain should focus on operational and strategic plan.
- Best Buy vs. Circuit City. Max, Kevin // Money;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p54D
Focuses on the competition between Best Buy and Circuit City electronics retailers stocks as of June 1, 1999. Sales and financial details of the two companies; Stock prices; Comments from analysts; Outlook.
- Plummeting TV Margins Hurt Circuit City. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/31/2006, p10
The article presents information related to the loss incurred by New York-based retailer Circuit City Stores Inc. mainly due to steep discounts offered by flat-panel TV manufacturers. Company's executives said price declines for medium and large LCD TVs exceeded projections by 50%. The...