Ugandan lesbian's deportation order slopped at 11th hour
- U.S. suspends deportation of lesbian couple pending case. // Empty Closet;Apr2011, Issue 444, pA14
The article reports on the decision of government attorneys to suspend deportation proceedings in the case of bi-national lesbian couple Monica Alcota and Cristina Ojeda of Queens, New York pending their marriage-based immigration case in March 2011.
- Muslim lesbian couple fight against deportation from Canada. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;3/23/2012, p22
The article focuses on Iman Musa and Majida Mugrabi, a Muslim lesbian couple who were given a second chance to remain in Canada after claiming that they would be the victim of honour killings if sent back to Israel.
- Human Rights Watch criticizes Dutch asylum threat. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/23/2006, Issue 952, p35
The article reports on the statement of Human Rights Watch that a threat by Dutch Immigration minister Rita Verdonk to end a moratorium on deporting gay and lesbian asylum-seekers back to Iran lay on a misunderstanding of Iranian law. In the country, the deportation ban was implemented in 2005...
- Sappho doesn't dig that hetero scene. Maxwell, Pat // Advocate;1/5/72, Issue 76, p12
Relates experience of a lesbian who married a straight man to save him from deportation in the U.S. Affair of her husband with her ex-girlfriend; Reaction of her parents on the situation; Relationship with her lover.
- Would-be gang member deported. // Chinatown News;12/3/93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the deportation to Hong Kong of William Wing Hang Yeung, a would-be Asian gang member. Ruling of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Board; Evidence of involvement with gang.
- Azerbaijani court overturns religion-based deportation orders. Boit, John // Christian Science Monitor;11/26/99, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p7
Reports the Supreme Court of Azerbaijan's decision not to deport eight Baptist expatriates from the predominately Muslim former Soviet state, following lobbying from the United States and Norway.
- Expulsions leave no one to do heavy lifting. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 52, p8
Reports on devastating social effects caused by the expulsion of young Lebanese men from an Israeli occupied strip of land in southern Lebanon.
- A skull-crusher beats the system. Vanagas, Steve // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/16/95, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p11
Reports that despite the fact that Bounjan Aai Inthavong was ordered deported in 1993 by the Vancouver's Immigration and Refugee Board's (IRB) adjudication division, in November 1994 another branch of the IRB awarded refugee status to him, even though he has been in jail for five of his nine...
- INDEX Deportations. // CCPA Monitor;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
The article offers information on the rates of deportations including in the U.S., Canada, and Great Britain wherein the number of deportations from Canada increased to 12,636 in the fiscal year 2006-2007 from 8,683 in the fiscal year 2002-2003.