Ugandan lesbian's deportation order slopped at 11th hour
- Muslim lesbian couple fight against deportation from Canada. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;3/23/2012, p22
The article focuses on Iman Musa and Majida Mugrabi, a Muslim lesbian couple who were given a second chance to remain in Canada after claiming that they would be the victim of honour killings if sent back to Israel.
- U.S. suspends deportation of lesbian couple pending case. // Empty Closet;Apr2011, Issue 444, pA14
The article reports on the decision of government attorneys to suspend deportation proceedings in the case of bi-national lesbian couple Monica Alcota and Cristina Ojeda of Queens, New York pending their marriage-based immigration case in March 2011.
- Human Rights Watch criticizes Dutch asylum threat. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/23/2006, Issue 952, p35
The article reports on the statement of Human Rights Watch that a threat by Dutch Immigration minister Rita Verdonk to end a moratorium on deporting gay and lesbian asylum-seekers back to Iran lay on a misunderstanding of Iranian law. In the country, the deportation ban was implemented in 2005...
- Sappho doesn't dig that hetero scene. Maxwell, Pat // Advocate;1/5/72, Issue 76, p12
Relates experience of a lesbian who married a straight man to save him from deportation in the U.S. Affair of her husband with her ex-girlfriend; Reaction of her parents on the situation; Relationship with her lover.
- Would-be gang member deported. // Chinatown News;12/3/93, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the deportation to Hong Kong of William Wing Hang Yeung, a would-be Asian gang member. Ruling of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Board; Evidence of involvement with gang.
- Azerbaijani court overturns religion-based deportation orders. Boit, John // Christian Science Monitor;11/26/99, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p7
Reports the Supreme Court of Azerbaijan's decision not to deport eight Baptist expatriates from the predominately Muslim former Soviet state, following lobbying from the United States and Norway.
- Expulsions leave no one to do heavy lifting. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;2/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 52, p8
Reports on devastating social effects caused by the expulsion of young Lebanese men from an Israeli occupied strip of land in southern Lebanon.
- LIBYA SAID THREATENING TO DEPORT LEBANESE. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/2/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4800, p1
The article reports that Libya has warned to deport Lebanese nationals working in the country if the Lebanese government will boycott an Arab League summit in Tripoli.
- Hunger strike over deportation. // Green Left Weekly;
The article informs of the hunger strike held by Tamil asylum seekers at Wickham Point detention centre, Darwin, Northern Territory, against the Australian government's decision for their deportation to Sri Lanka.