STRUCTURAL ORGANIZATION OF SHOOT SYSTEM OF GENTIANA L
- A functional—structural modelling approach to autoregulation of nodulation. Han, Liqi; Gresshoff, Peter M.; Hanan, Jim // Annals of Botany;Apr2011, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p855
Background and Aims Autoregulation of nodulation is a long-distance shootâ€“root signalling regulatory system that regulates nodule meristem proliferation in legume plants. However, due to the intricacy and subtleness of the signalling nature in plants, molecular and biochemical details...
- DIFFERENT WAYS OF PROPAGATING AFRICAN VIOLETS. Gardner, Sue // African Violet Magazine;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p9
Offers advice on propagating African violets. Factors to consider in using a side shoot or sucker; Use of a main flower stalk with two small leaves in propagation; Preparation of the crown or center of a plant.
- Mound Layering. // Propagate Your Own Plants;1978, p24
The article offers information on mound layering, which is used mainly for low-growing shrubs with stiff upright stems, producing many new branches from a crown neat the ground.
- tip:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p93
A definition of the term "tip" in relation to gardening is presented. It refers to the removal of the tip portion of a shoot.
- A New Lignan from Flower Buds of Magnolia sprengeri. Sun, Yu; Duan, Wenjuan; Yu, Zongyuan; Fang, Lei; Wang, Xiao // Chemistry of Natural Compounds;Oct2014, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p611
A new lignan, fargesone D, was isolated from the flower buds of Magnolia sprengeri. The structure of the new compound was elucidated by analysis of spectrometric data.
- disbud:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p131
A definition of the term "disbud" is presented. It refers to removing buds, shoots or growing tips of a tree, vine or flowering plant to induce or encourage production of sideshoots or high-quality flowers and fruits. It is done when single stems ar
- dard:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p30
A definition of the term "dard" is presented. It refers to a bud surrounded by a leafy rosette. It is characterized by a short lateral shoot less than three inches in length, which ends in a flower bud.
- lenticels:. Gough, Robert E. // Glossary of Vital Terms for the Home Gardener;1993, p58
A definition of the term "lenticels" is presented. It refers to small corky areas on the surfaces of stems, some fruit and roots, that allow for the interchange of gases.
- REJUVENATION OF AN OLDER PLANT. Baker, Marion // African Violet Magazine;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p23
Presents guidelines for rejuvenating and propagating plants. Steps in crown cutting of a plant that looks unhealthy and with damaged outer leaves; Methods to rejuvenate a plant that has a neck; Tips on propagating a plant with side shoots/sucker.