G-CSF treatment in acute leukemia
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation improves the outcome of de novo AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD). Taguchi, J; Miyazaki, Y; Yoshida, S; Fukushima, T; Moriuchi, Y; Jinnai, I; Matsuo, T; Kuriyama, K; Tomonaga, M // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1861
De novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with dysplastic features in erythroblasts, granulocytes and megakaryocytes, similar to those in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) has been described as AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD) since 1987. Several reports have suggested that AML-TLD is a subtype...
- Uncertainties in the standard care of acute myelogenous leukemia. Rowe, J M // Leukemia (08876924);Apr2001, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p677
Focuses on uncertainties in the standard therapy of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML). Standard for induction therapy in AML; Characteristics of secondary leukemias; Attempts made to determine the role of bone marrow transplantation as consolidation therapy for AML patients in first remission.
- Idarubicin improves blast cell clearance during induction therapy in children with AML: results of study AML-BFM 93. Creutzig, U; Ritter, J; Zimmermann, M; Hermann, J; Gadner, H; Sawatzki, D Bl�tters; Niemeyer, C M; Schwabe, D; Selle, B; Boos, J; K�hl, J; Feldges, A // Leukemia (08876924);Mar2001, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p348
In the randomized trial AML-BFM 93 we compared 60 mg/m[SUP2]/day daunorubicin with 12 mg/m[SUP2]/day idarubicin for 3 days each, combined with cytarabine and etoposide during induction. Results showed a significant better blast cell reduction in the bone marrow on day 15 in patients of the...
- Treatment of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia . Champlin, Richard E.; Ho, Winston G.; Gale, Robert Peter; Winston, Drew; Selch, Michael; Mitsuyasu, Ronald; Lenarsky, Carl; Elashoff, Robert; Zighelboim, Jacob; Feig, Stephen A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar85, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p285
Deals with a study which assessed the relative effectiveness of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation and postremission chemotherapy for adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia in first complete remission. Methods used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for childhood leukemia following a busulfan and melphalan preparative regimen. Matsuyama, T.; Kojima, S.; Kato, K. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
Thirty children with leukemia underwent allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (BMT) following a radiation-free preparative regimen, from July 1988 to January 1996. Twelve males and 18 females, ages 9 months to 15 years (median 8.5 years), received busulfan (BU, 4 mg/kg/day for 4 days by mouth),...
- Donor cell-derived acute myeloid leukemia developing 14 months after matched unrelated bone marrow transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia. Hambach, L; Eder, M; Dammann, E; Battmer, K; Stucki, A; Heil, G; Ganser, A; Hertenstein, B // Bone Marrow Transplantation;10/1/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p705
We report a patient with Ph-positive CML who developed a Ph-negative AML in donor cells 14 months after BMT from an HLA-identical male unrelated donor. The Ph translocation could not be detected by either conventional cytogenetics, FISH or RT-PCR analysis excluding relapse of CML in myeloid...
- Re: Consolidation Therapy With Autologous Bone Marrow Transplantation in Adults With Acut Myeloid Leukemia: A Meta-Analysis. Levi, Itai; Grotto, Itamar; Yerushalmi, Ronit; Ben-Bassat, Isaac; Shpilberg, Ofer // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/7/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p1038
Presents a letter to the editor to comment on the article by Paul C. Nathan et al. regarding the use of autologous bone marrow transplantation in adult acute myeloid leukemia patients.
- RESPONSE. Nathan, Paul C.; Sung, Lillian; Crump, Michael; Beyene, Joseph // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/7/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 13, p1039
Presents a letter to the editor to respond to a comment on the authors' article regarding the use of autologous bone marrow transplantation in adult acute myeloid leukemia patients
- Myasthenia gravis post allogeneic bone marrow transplantation revisited. Koski, S L; Mackey, J R; Mackey, D S // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/15/98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p403
Reports on a female with acute myelocytic leukemia who underwent bone marrow transplantation. Diagnosis of myasthenia gravis; Symptoms of the disease; Occurrence of the symptoms while tapering prednisone.