G-CSF treatment in acute leukemia
- Autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT) mobilized with G-CSF in AML in first complete remission. Role of intensification therapy in outcome. Martín, C; Torres, A; León, A; Rubio, V; Alvarez, M A; Herrera, C; Jean-Paul, E; Correa, M A; Rojas, R; Campos, R; Serrano, J; Romero, R; Román, J; Guzmán, J L; Flores, R; Falcón, M; Martínez, F; Gómez, P // Bone Marrow Transplantation;2/15/98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p375
In order to determine if peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC) collected after priming with G-CSF in AML in first complete remission (CR) can be used for autologous transplantation and to evaluate the efficacy of early intensification therapy as in vivo purging, we studied 35 consecutive patients...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation improves the outcome of de novo AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD). Taguchi, J; Miyazaki, Y; Yoshida, S; Fukushima, T; Moriuchi, Y; Jinnai, I; Matsuo, T; Kuriyama, K; Tomonaga, M // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1861
De novo acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with dysplastic features in erythroblasts, granulocytes and megakaryocytes, similar to those in myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) has been described as AML with trilineage dysplasia (AML-TLD) since 1987. Several reports have suggested that AML-TLD is a subtype...
- "A STRANGER SAVED MY LIFE". // Dolly;Feb2014, Issue 518, p82
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of how an anonymous bone marrow donor helped her in surviving acute myeloid leukaemia (AML).
- Treatment of Acute Myelogenous Leukemia . Champlin, Richard E.; Ho, Winston G.; Gale, Robert Peter; Winston, Drew; Selch, Michael; Mitsuyasu, Ronald; Lenarsky, Carl; Elashoff, Robert; Zighelboim, Jacob; Feig, Stephen A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar85, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p285
Deals with a study which assessed the relative effectiveness of allogeneic bone marrow transplantation and postremission chemotherapy for adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia in first complete remission. Methods used in the study; Results and discussion.
- Allogeneic blood stem cell and bone marrow transplantation for acute myelogenous leukemia and myelodysplasia: influence of stem cell source on outcome. Russell, J. A.; Larratt, L.; Brown, C.; Turner, A. R.; Chaudhry, A.; Booth, K.; Woodman, R. C.; Wolff, J.; Valentine, K.; Stewart, D.; Ruether, J. D.; Ruether, B. A.; Klassen, J.; Jones, A. R.; Gyonyor, E.; Egeler, M.; Dunsmore, J.; Desai, S.; Coppes, M. J.; Bowen, T. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;12/1/99, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1177
We have compared the outcomes of 87 patients with acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) and myelodysplasia (MDS) receiving matched sibling transplants with stem cells from peripheral blood (blood cell transplant, BCT) or bone marrow (BMT). In good risk patients (AML in CR1) granulocytes recovered to...
- Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for childhood leukemia following a busulfan and melphalan preparative regimen. Matsuyama, T.; Kojima, S.; Kato, K. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p21
Thirty children with leukemia underwent allogeneic bone marrow transplantation (BMT) following a radiation-free preparative regimen, from July 1988 to January 1996. Twelve males and 18 females, ages 9 months to 15 years (median 8.5 years), received busulfan (BU, 4 mg/kg/day for 4 days by mouth),...
- Donor cell-derived acute myeloid leukemia developing 14 months after matched unrelated bone marrow transplantation for chronic myeloid leukemia. Hambach, L; Eder, M; Dammann, E; Battmer, K; Stucki, A; Heil, G; Ganser, A; Hertenstein, B // Bone Marrow Transplantation;10/1/2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p705
We report a patient with Ph-positive CML who developed a Ph-negative AML in donor cells 14 months after BMT from an HLA-identical male unrelated donor. The Ph translocation could not be detected by either conventional cytogenetics, FISH or RT-PCR analysis excluding relapse of CML in myeloid...
- High incidence of extramedullary relapse of AML after busulfan/cyclophosphamide conditioning and allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Simpson, D R; Nevill, T J; Shepherd, J D; Fung, H C; Horsman, D E; Nantel, S H; Vickars, L M; Sutherland, H J; Toze, C L; Hogge, D E; Klingemann, H G; Naiman, S C; Barnett, M J // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/1/98, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p259
While allogeneic stem cell transplantation (SCT) is curative for a significant number of patients with AML, relapse of disease within the bone marrow and/or extramedullary (EM) sites following high-dose therapy continues to limit the success of this treatment. Between October 1985 and December...
- Long-term outcome in acute myelogenous leukemia autografted with mafosfamide-purged marrow in a single institution: adverse events and incidence of secondary myelodysplasia. Abdallah, A.; Egerer, G.; Weber-Nordt, R.M.; Korbling, M.; Haas, R.; Ho, A.D. // Bone Marrow Transplantation;7/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p15
Presents a study which analyzed the long-term outcome and toxicities in patients with high-risk acute myelogenous leukemia who were treated with autologous bone marrow transplantation. Information on the patients and methods; Results of the study; Discussion of findings.