Effects of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure on Diaphragm Dimensions in Preterm Infants
- Electrical activity of the diaphragm (Edi) values and Edi catheter placement in non-ventilated preterm neonates. Stein, H; Hall, R; Davis, K; White, D B // Journal of Perinatology;Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p707
Objective:The electrical activity of the diaphragm (Edi) reflects neural respiratory drive. Edi peak correlates with inspiratory drive and Edi minimum (Edi min) correlates with the tonic activity of the diaphragm. Edi data in non-ventilated preterm neonates have not been determined.The primary...
- Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Weakness in the Preterm Diaphragm Is Associated with Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain Dysfunction and Oxidative Stress. Song, Yong; Pinniger, Gavin J.; Bakker, Anthony J.; Moss, Timothy J. M.; Noble, Peter B.; Berry, Clare A.; Pillow, Jane J. // PLoS ONE;Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p1
Diaphragmatic contractility is reduced in preterm lambs after lipopolysaccharide (LPS) exposure in utero. The mechanism of impaired fetal diaphragm contractility after LPS exposure is unknown. We hypothesise that in utero exposure to LPS induces a deficiency of mitochondrial complex activity and...
- Effect of Maternal Steroid on Developing Diaphragm Integrity. Song, Yong; Demmer, Denise L.; Pinniger, Gavin J.; Lavin, Tina; MacMillan, Mia V.; Pillow, Jane J.; Bakker, Anthony J. // PLoS ONE;Mar2014, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Antenatal steroids reduce the severity of initial respiratory distress of premature newborn babies but may have an adverse impact on other body organs. The study aimed to examine the effect of maternal steroids on postnatal respiratory muscle function during development and elucidate the...
- Breathing: A DIY model. Stevens, Sarah // Journal of Biological Education (Society of Biology);Winter96, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p242
Presents a model for demonstrating the function of the diaphragm during inhalation and exhalation. Materials; Construction; Operation.
- With signal pressures applied: // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Feb96, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p14
Presents information on how the signal pressures are applied. Importance of the switching-valve diaphragm; Details on the input pressure at S-2.
- Internal operation of R504 series. // Refrigeration Service & Contracting;Feb96, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p18
Presents information on the internal operation of R504 series. Importance of diaphragms; Details on ports.
- Effect of changing NAVA levels on peak inspiratory pressures and electrical activity of the diaphragm in premature neonates. Firestone, K S; Fisher, S; Reddy, S; White, D B; Stein, H M // Journal of Perinatology;Aug2015, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p612
Background:Neurally adjusted ventilator assist (NAVA) uses electrical activity of the diaphragm (Edi) to provide patient-directed ventilatory support. The NAVA level determines the proportional amount of ventilatory support. Systematically increasing NAVA level initially increases peak...
- Duplicated right crus of the diaphragm: a cadaveric case report. Sirasanagandla, Srinivasa Rao; Nayak, Satheesha B.; Bhat, Kumar M. R.; Surendran, Sudarshan; Regunathan, Deepthinath; Kumar, Naveen; Shetty, Surekha D.; Patil, Jyothsna // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;2014, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p39
The lumbar part of the diaphragm arises from the lumbar vertebrae by right and left crura. The duplication of crura of the diaphragm is rarely reported in the past. During regular dissection classes to the medical students, we came across a case of duplicated right crus of the diaphragm. The...
- Early babies. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97 Supplement Birth, Issue 98, p49
Focuses on early birth and why doctors are trying to delay them. Why some babies are born too early; Hospital treatment; Preventing preterm labor; Factors triggering preterm labor. INSET: Recommended reading..