Physical Education Teachers' Theories of Action and Theories-In-Use
- Biology teachers as researchers. Kochendorfer, Leonard // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Mar1994, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p135
Focuses on the teacher-based action research for biology teachers. Comparison with traditional research; Definition of teacher-based action research; Example; Collection of action research data; Question of reliability and validity; Criteria for a successful action research; Time requirements;...
- Practical strategies for facilitating classroom teachers' involvement in action research. Sardo-Brown, Deborah; Welsh, Lesley // Education;Summer95, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p553
Presents practical strategies for facilitating classroom teachers' involvement in action research. Reforming schools through action research; Major barriers to conducting action research; Strategies offered by the authors.
- ACTION RESEARCH: FROM THE IVORY TOWER TO THE FIRING LINE. Williamson, Peter A.; Taylor, Janet B. // Education;Fall83, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p93
The authors examine current strategies which teachers employ to solve classroom concerns and point out various shortcomings. A form of action research is then described which the authors have employed with inservice teachers. Specific suggestions are made concerning the use of action research by...
- Improving Teacher Education through Action Research. Qingping Li // Canadian Journal of Action Research;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p83
A review of an essay concerning the use of action research to improve teacher education is presented.
- RESEARCHER-PRACTITIONER'S ROLE IN ACTION RESEARCH. Maksimovic, Jelena // Andragoï¿½ka spoznanja: The Andragogic Perspectives;Jun2012, Issue 2, p54
The role of teachers as action researchers is still undervalued and not sufficiently encouraged at the faculties of pedagogy and in expert education of in-service teachers. In Serbia, teachers are mostly seen as mediators or technicians whose task is preparation for and conduct of teaching...
- Collaboration between school based teachers and university based researchers: establishing the relevance of educational research. Rai, Ajeet K. // Educational Quest;Apr2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
Educational research is under serious criticism on the ground of its relevance for theory- based actions. At the same time the action research as a form of research meant for the teachers for modification and improvement of their praxis has not gained popularity among the teachers. The present...
- CAN BUSY CLASSROOM TEACHERS REALLY DO ACTION RESEARCH: AN ACTION RESEARCH STUDY IN AN EAL TERTIARY SETTING. Denny, Heather // New Zealand Studies in Applied Linguistics;2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p59
This paper describes a study in which issues relating to the usefulness and practicality for teachers of classroom based action research are explored. The 'teacher as researcher' and 'teacher as reflective practitioner' movements are strongly influential in teacher education practice (Zeichner,...
- Action Research Means Cooperation. // Educational Leadership;Dec1949, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p164
The article describes an action research project carried on in Springfield, Missouri. It demonstrates clearly that research can be a cooperative venture between a research institute and a school system. Classroom teachers do not generally consider educational research to be their function....
- Trends in Teacher Certification and Literacy. Lefever-Davis, Shirley // Reading Teacher;Oct2002, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p196
Explores trends in teacher certification and professional development. Description of teacher-preparation programs that involve professional development schools; Alternative pathways to teaching; Details of action research and teacher study groups.