ProQuest Buys Courier's Custom Pub. Assets, Brings bigchalk Home
- In 2003, Proquest Looks to Slightly Improve I&L's 6% Sales Growth. // Educational Marketer;3/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the 2003 profit outlook for ProQuest Co.'s electronic publishing business in the U.S.
- ProQuest Makes Two Niche Deals. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p14
Provides information on the acquisitions by ProQuest Company in December 2002. Terms of a deal with bigchalk.com Inc.; Significance of the acquisition of the custom-publishing assets of Courier to ProQuest.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;12/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 36, p8
The article reports business developments in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. London, England-based Pearson PLC has signed an agreement with New York-based Veritas Capital Partners LP to sell its Government Solutions business in a $600 million cash and stock deal. ProQuest Co. of...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions... // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p8
Reports on acquisitions in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. as of January 12, 2004. Acquisition of San Francisco, California-based web-based assessment platform provider Edusoft by Houghton Mifflin; Acquisition of Piscataway, New Jersey-based test preparation publisher Research...
- Courier Reduces Guidance for Book Manufacturing in Fiscal 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/26/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
Reports on book manufacturer and specialty publisher, Courier Corp.'s chairman James Conway III's description of the company's financial performance for the period ended December 27, 2003. Percentage increase in revenue at Dover, the company's specialty publisher; Income before taxes;...
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts Increases European Presence. // Information Today;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the opening of a regional office in the United Kingdom (U.K.) by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, and the establishment of a European mirror site of its Interset service. Location of the U.K. office; Contact information.
- Secondary publishing in changing times: Profile of Cambridge Scientific Abstracts. Hitti, Angela // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall95, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p80
Features the Cambridge Scientific Abstracts. Publication of bibliographic databases in the life sciences, engineering and market research; Accessibility; Formats and trends.
- ProQuest Focuses on K-12 School Market but Questions Continue. // Electronic Education Report;1/12/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p5
The article provides updates on the developments in the business operation of ProQuest Co. in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The company sold off another business unit to widen its concentration on K-12 education market. In addition, it has lowered its guidance for 2006 and extended the range of its...
- Courier leaps into electronic technology. Taylor, S. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 34, p50
Reports that with its electronic services, Courier makes the `connection' between desktop and printer to hurdle into the 21st century. History of the Courier Corporation; Color separations; Taming user-friendly files; Impact on the business community; Importance of partnership in electronic...