Atomic Dog's Hybrid Media Texts Gain Traction in College Market
- SAFETY FIRST. Anderson, Mae // Adweek New England Edition;9/23/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 38, p35
Reports on the television advertisement created by advertising agency Liz Boa and production house Atomic Dog for the U.S. Federal Highway Administration. Description of the commercial; Target market of the advertisement; Remarks from Diana Voorhees, co-founder and executive producter at Atomic...
- SAFETY FIRST. Anderson, Mae // Adweek Western Edition;9/23/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p35
Reports on a public service advertising campaign created by the agency Liz Boa and production company Atomic Dog for the U.S. Federal Highway Administration. Features of the campaign; Tagline of the campaign; Aim of the campaign.
- Instructional materials for diverse learners. Tyree, Rhonda Beach; Fiore, Thomas A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p363
Suggests features and considerations for the design of an ideal textbook. Accommodation of diverse learners; Text characteristics; Audience appropriateness; Features that enhance interest; Text organization; Dominance of important context.
- Behind the lines. Curtis, G. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Discusses the differences and similarities in textbooks of the early 1900s and today.
- Buy the book. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, Book Smart p3
Reports on the American textbook publishing industry. Responding to educational trends instead of creating them; Dominant place of the textbook in education; Reliance of industry on market research, teacher focus groups, advisory committees and questionnaires; Foreseeing the kinds of products...
- School texts: the outlook of teachers. Rogers, V. // Education Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p24
Vincent Rogers discusses the results of a survey that indicates a discrepancy between teachers' opinions and those of critics concerning textbooks. Recommends seeking the opinions of teachers.
- Elementary history books. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct93, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p49
Looks at findings reported in a `Comparison of Elementary Students' History Textbooks and Trade Books,' by Donald J. Richgels, Carl M. Tomlinson, and Michael O. Tunnell, in the January/February 1993 issue of `Journal of Educational Research.' Sentence structure; Coherence; More.
- U.S. history texts. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct93, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on an analysis of children's history textbooks by Jimmie H. Hooper and Ben A. Smith published in the January 1993 issue of `Social Education.' `Children's U.S. History Textbooks: 1787-1865'; Details.
- Don't know much about history. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Reveals that ten textbooks that were being considered by the Texas Board of Education were found to have 231 errors. Examples of errors; Many of these books have been sold in the U.S. reports 'The Wall Street Journal'.