When the Star System Hits
- Association Notices. // British Medical Journal;4/3/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6013, p852
Reports on the nominations of medical teachers and research workers vacancies for the regional basis in Great Britain. Qualifications of the applicant; Eligibility licenses of the applicant; Availability of the nomination forms.
- Merrill reclaims telecom analysts poached by Cowen. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/03/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p7
Reports the rehiring of departed members by the Merrill Lynch & Co. in the United States. Implications for the telecom research team of the company; Analyst Megan Kulick as head of the research team; List of the company telecom research team members.
- Fidelity Alum Joins City National Arm. // American Banker;8/1/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 147, p10
The article reports that David F. Reid was named a vice president of Independence Investments LLC, a Boston unit of City National Corp. The article states that the company manages actively managed fundamental and quantitative equity strategies, and Reid will join a six-member team that conducts...
- Maxcor Hires REIT Researcher. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;4/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 71, p11
Maxcor Financial Group Inc.'s broker-dealer subsidiary has hired Paul Adornato to co-head its real estate investment trust (REIT) research team. Mr. Adornato most recently founded Cobblestone Research, an independent REIT research firm in New York. Previously he was an analyst for the buy and...
- Fiduciary Trust Appoints New Research Director. Glynn, Christopher // Investment Management Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the appointment of Stephanie Giroux as director of research at Fiduciary Trust Co. in June 2004.
- New law threatens Italian research jobs. Feresin, Emiliano; Abbott, Alison // Nature;10/16/2008, Vol. 455 Issue 7215, p840
The article reports on the new law that endangers the Italian research jobs. It is stated that about 2,000 researchers will lose promised permanent positions under a law which is intended to reduce public spending by streamlining the civil service. The proposed law is considered by the chamber...
- Promo body names head. // Professional Engineering;03/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p8
Reports that Alex McDiarmis has been appointed chairman of the Quinco company, which was formed to take forward aims of the Yes campaign to promote engineering and science. Information on McDiarmis; Identification of individuals included in the board.
- People. // Professional Engineering;03/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p9
Presents news briefs pertaining the selection and appointments of various individuals in different companies. Identification of companies; Indication of the appointment of Chris Garety as managing director of Fenner Power Transmission; Reference to Richard Green, who was appointed as senior...
- ARIZONA: Unkind Cuts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p33
Reports that the Phoenix suburb of Glendale in Arizona will stop hiring employees and cut back on replacing equipment and put off several city projects as of November 2002. Reasons for the expected move; Cuts in department budgets of the suburb.