No Holiday Presence
- Holiday Spirits. Cheung, Lance // Airman;Dec2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p16
Provides tips on how to celebrate the Christmas season for U.S. Air Force airmen. Suggestion of nonalcoholic holiday drinks; Participation in food and toy distribution programs; Activities recommended.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...
- There I was... // Flying Safety;Nov95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p2
Discusses the flight mission of a United States Air Force copilot in bad weather. Experience related.
- ANGEL THUNDER 10. // Airman;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p42
Photographs of several service members of the U.S. Air Force who have rendered their services in various missions in the U.S. are presented.
- AirLant/AirPac battle `E' winners. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p6
Cites the 1993's finest active duty carriers and squadrons in the United States.
- More pilots choose Jettas over fighter jets. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p3
Focuses on how the United States Air Force will push their men to cover for the shortage of pilots.
- Jeppesen approaches: Why can't we just use them? Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Jun96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the use of Jeppesen approaches by United States Air Force aircrew for the performance of their mission. Scenario to frame the discussion; Points taken from the AFI 11-206 General Flight Rules; Cases where the approach may be allowed; Question of who should review Jeppesen procedures;...
- Buy, but don't fly. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/2/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the unusual air force crewing of new C-33A/Boeing 747-400 squadrons bought to supplement the C-17 fleet.
- Aiming high. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/16/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the personnel retention studies that will be discussed by a meeting of the US Air Force. Preparation of pilots for airlines service; Possible increased production of navigators and electronic warfare officers.