Retired chief becomes a float hunter
- A float for all reasons. // Outdoor Life;Apr94, Vol. 193 Issue 4, p16
Features the Drift-It fishing float. Casting of bubble without having to fill the float with water; Method of use; Price; Contact information.
- Better bobbers. Soucie, Gary // Field & Stream;Apr94, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p18
Provides information on the use of bobbers in fishing. Disadvantages in the use of round red-and-white bobbers; Use of wooden bobbers; Need for different sizes and colors of bobbers.
- Strike saver. Kurley, Bernard L. // Field & Stream;Sep94, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p74
Recommends the use of a heavy tippet to kill the action of the fishing fly. Attachment of fly to tippet with Duncan Loop.
- Do-it-yourself dubbing. Trump, Gene // Field & Stream;Sep94, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p75
Recommends modern carpet fibers as dubbing materials for fishing fly patterns. Selection of best dubbing from assortment of carpet scraps; Separation of twisted nap; Addition of natural fur.
- Floats. Pfeiffer, C. Boyd // Fishing World;Feb96, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p64
Features fishing floats from various vendors. Lighthouse Floats from Blue Fox; Kamaki Series floats from Carousal Trading; Fuji Lighted Slip Bobbers from Fuji-Toki; Lindy-Little Joe floats.
- From Our Blowhard Editor. Gibson, Barry; Wood, Jason Y. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2001, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p34
Suggests the use of a can of compressed air for blowing balloons to be used as floats in bait fishing.
- FLOATING on ice. Ellis, Gord // Ontario Out of Doors;Feb2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p47
Presents guidelines for float fishing on the ice. Use of floats; Types of floats; Requirements for float fishing.
- Floating on a river of dreams. Vedder, Dave // Fishing World;Dec94, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p26
Discusses techniques for using modern float systems for steelhead fishing. Upstream casting; Precision line-control; Signals for detecting strikes; Adjustment for proper depth; Downtime; Application in trout and salmon fishing; Drawbacks. INSETS: Float attitudes: Rigging and fishing slip...
- Fluid dynamic properties of a soft shell float with open bottom. MATSUMURA, KAZUHIRO; YAMASHITA, NARIHARU // Fisheries Science;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p308
A physical model of a soft shell underwater float with an openbottom was constructed and the float was subjected to sinusoidaloscillation in the vertical direction in order to investigate the relationsbetween the characteristic properties of the buoyancy and fluidforces in the movement of the...