Bond Expert Henry Klaiman to Retire After 40 Years as a Tax Attorney
- Weiss Gerts 'Expert' Help. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p1
Reports on lawyers Henry S. Klaiman and Wayne Gerhold's testimony during the trial of bond counsel Ira Weiss for securities fraud in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Lawyers' testimony that Weiss met customary standards of practice in the municipal market when he gave the tax-exempt opinion for a note...
- Flood of talent met with demand. Gregory, Michael; Tempkin, Adam // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the demand for finance professionals in the U.S. Trend toward securitization; Foreign banks' employment of finance professionals; Development of structured-finance teams.
- Capital marketers. Evanson, David R. // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p72
Gives advice on factors to consider when hiring a financial adviser. Avoidance of people who don't charge fees; Check on references of consultant; Implementation of an `out' clause when hiring.
- When to hire a financial whiz. Malott, Kristen // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan96, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p32
Looks at when a company needs to hire a financial whiz to manage its finances. Information on Todd Fryhover, president of Sun Chief Marketing need for financial whiz; Details on Fryhover's experience; Comments from Fryhover; Background information on Sun Chief. INSET: When to bring your...
- Correspondent's Week. Craig, Margaret // Money Marketing;1/16/2003, p31
Chronicles a week in the life of a pensions manager in Great Britain. Daily routine; Work activities; Notable activities.
- People News. Forde, Arnella J.; Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;1/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the resignation and appointment of several financial executives in the U.S. as of January 27, 2003.
- All work and no play... Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Sep97, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p26
States that most of Britain's financial directors will be working in the summer of 1997, instead of taking a holiday according to a survey. Who conducted the survey; Reference to saying `All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.'
- Working together: Finance professionals in the public and private sectors. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Nov96, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p59
Features the Career Exchange Scheme intended to provide an opportunity for senior finance managers from within the National Health Service (NHS) and other British industrial sectors of employment to exchange roles for a specified limited period. Sponsorship by Employers' Group and the NHS...
- Spotlights pointed the wrong way at hearings on thrift fund plan. // American Banker;8/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 150, p3
Presents legislative developments concerning finance executives in the United States as of August 7, 1995. Includes credit given to Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan for measures to rescue the Savings Association Insurance Fund; Edwin Reed's resignation as Representative Floyd H. Flake's...