NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS THIS WEEK: Local. // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p6
Reports developments related to finance in South Africa as of April 2002. Increase of the producer price index; Cooperation agreement between Business SA and the Black Business Council; Cessation of the minting of 1c and 2c coins by the South Africa Reserve Bank.
- Latvia's output price inflation eases in August. // Regional Today;
The article reports that producer price inflation in Latvia slowed in August 2013 as the producer price index increased by only 1.2% compared with the 1.4% rise in the previous month.
- Prices inch up. J.A. // AHA News;04/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p5
Reports on hospital-specific components of the Producer Price Index (CPI) in the United States for the period of February to March 1996. Overall hospital prices; Inpatient treatments; Outpatient treatments.
- Inflation Up 7%, Limiting Interest Cut Option. // India -- West;5/18/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 26, pA34
The article presents information on an increase in the wholesale price index inflation in India.
- Czech March output price inflation eases. // Regional Today;04/16/2013, p2
The article reports on a 1% year-on-year increase of the Czech Republic's producer price index in March 2013 reflecting an easing of output price inflation.
- Some prices show yearly dip. Dunn, Phillip // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p5
Reports on the decrease of several producer prices in health care in the United States from July to August 1997 according to the Producer Price Index of the US Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- An experimental price index for the computer industry. Eakin, James Sinclair; Catron, Brian // Monthly Labor Review;Oct90, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p16
Presents an overview of a new experimental price index for computer industry products. Measurement of Producer Price Index (PPI) quality adjustment; Index structure; Selected methodology; Experimental index sample design; Definitional and related issues; Results from the pilot study on the...
- Feb. PPI Up 1.0%, Core Rate Up 0.3%. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p2
Reports the inflation rate in the United States as of March 2000. Impact of the increase in food and energy prices on the rise of producer price index (PPI); Status of energy, consumer food, and cigarette prices; Significance of the cumulative changes in the PPI.
- May PPI Unchanged; Core Rate Rises 0.2%. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p2
Reports that the producer price index showed no change in May, 2000, but excluding its volatile food and energy components, prices rose 0.2 percent that month, the United States Labor Department reported.