A Rich Discovery for N.Y.C. Comptroller
- Comptroller: Strong Market for N.Y.C. Debt. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/26/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33012, p1
The article details an interview with New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson Jr. He recounts the 1970s economic conditions of the city for a lesson of what happens when capital investment do not get made. He notes that the city will still continue to issue capital debt as it is a strong...
- NYC's New Comptroller: Let's Rebuild. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p1
Reports that New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson asked the municipal bond industry to play a leading role in the rebuilding of lower Manhattan. Plans of the city for the selection of an underwriting syndicate; Use of talents of municipal market participants; Promise made by Thompson.
- SHOULD WILLIAM THOMPSON RUN FOR MAYOR AGAIN IN 2013? // Crain's New York Business;1/11/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article presents an online poll conducted by the periodical "Crain's New York Business" which shows that 73% of the people who participated in the poll are of the view that William Thompson should not run for mayor of New York City again in 2013 and 27% are of the view that he should run for...
- Thompson's Tough Task. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31560, p1
Reports on the resolution of comptroller of the New York City William Thompson for the city's betterment by overcoming its fiscal crisis. Allegations on Thompson regarding municipal bond deals; Expected role from Thompson in protecting city's credit; Expectations of research associate with the...
- NYC comptroller ready to put imprint on funds. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;12/10/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p6
Reports the move of comptroller-elect William C. Thompson to take over the five pension funds in New York City, New York. Appointment of a 14-member transition team for as deputy controllers and chief investment officers; Evaluation of resumes from applicants; Potentials of John Burns as chief...
- Green, Ferrer Headed for N.Y. Mayoral Run-Off; Bloomberg Waiting. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31232, p31
Reports the primary mayoral run-off in New York, New York. Appointment of former Board of Education President William C. Thompson Jr. as the city comptroller; Percentage rate of votes based from mayoral primary run-off; Plan of Mark Green, Fernando Ferrer and Michael Bloomberg to run for mayor...
- New Comptroller. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p39
Reports on the possible agenda of New York City Comptroller William C. Thompson Jr. for luncheon to be held by the Municipal Forum of New York on February 1, 2002. Venue for the luncheon; Expectations regarding the speech of Thompson during the function.
- Thompson loosens bonds rules. // Crain's New York Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p35
Reports on the plan of City Comptroller William Thompson to loosen some restrictions on bond refinancings in New York City. Reduction of required present-value savings of refinancing; Selection of team of bond underwriters; Approval of borrowing to pay for city operating expenses.
- Comptroller wants to invest in Big Apple. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;12/24/2001 Data Book, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p2
Reports the plans of comptroller-elect William C. Thompson concerning the pension funds in New York, New York. Attachment of private equity and real estate to the pension funds; Diversification of the funds' managers; Appointment of an independent firm to review the managers' performance;...