Giant Ideas For Lower Manhattan
- N.Y.C.'s 10-Year Capital Budget Features $53B in Bonds. O'brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p3
The article reports that New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg kicked off the city's formal budget negotiations recently when he released a $62.4 billion, 10-year capital plan that includes $53 billion of general obligation and Municipal Water Finance Authority bonds. Under the plan, debt...
- THE MOGUL MAYOR. Kolbert, Elizabeth // New Yorker;4/22/2002-4/29/2002, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p138
Profiles New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Family background of Bloomberg; Career of Bloomberg in politics; Personal views of Bloomberg.
- Apple of His Eye. Tresniowski, Alex; Herbst, Diane // People;11/26/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 22, p175
Focuses on New York City Mayor-elect Michael Bloomberg, providing information on his background.
- Mayor Mike. // Caribbean Business;8/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p24
Reports on the performance of New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg. Private sector approach to city management; Relationship with government officials in Puerto Rico.
- Voices the mayor needs to hear. // Crain's New York Business;5/12/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p8
Here's a piece of good news for embattled Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Arthur Rubinstein will have dinner with him. It could be the start of a better relationship with average New Yorkers, including businesspeople. The mayor got the kind of news politicians dread. The Quinnipiac poll showed that...
- New York ringing in holidays with Elf Day. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;11/7/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 25, p2
Reports that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has declared November 7 Elf Day in Gotham. Benefits from entertainment production in Gotham.
- HIS HONOR. Kolbert, Elizabeth // New Yorker;11/19/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 36, p31
Profiles mayor-elect Michael Bloomberg of New York, New York. Views on mayoralty candidate Mark Green; Political background; Factors influencing Bloomberg's decision to run in the mayoralty race.
- Targeting the Most Unusual Electorate In America. Strasma, Ken // Politics (Campaigns & Elections);Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p25
The article presents a case study on New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg's bid for a third term in office. It details the obstacles faced by Bloomberg in his bid for another term including the city's law that limits mayors to serve for a maximum of two terms, and the anger of his people who...
- Polls Vaulting. Tomasky, Michael // New York;7/28/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p18
Provides advice to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on how to lead a nonpartisan administration. Approval ratings of Bloomberg as of May 2003; Identity and personality crises of Bloomberg; Reelection chances.