Ascension's $260 Million Taxable Note Sale Will Seal Merger
- MERGER ACTIVITY HEATS UP. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p23
Discusses findings of an Irvin Levin Associates, Inc. research that the healthcare merger and acquisition market reached its highest level in the second quarter of 2002 in the United States. Number of deals announced for the quarter; Deals in the long-term care sector; Dollar value of the deals.
- Healthcare IT M&A 2011. RookS, Ben // Healthcare Informatics;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p32
The article notes that 2011 has been a quieter year than expected for the healthcare information technology (HCIT) industry. Three of the largest deals that took place were private equity firms buying their way into HCIT suggesting that the market is more attractive to those outside it seeking...
- 2013 Healthcare I.T. M&A: Do Many Notes Make a Song? ROOCKS, BEN // Healthcare Informatics;Jun2014, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article offers a review of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the healthcare information technology (IT) sector in 2013, noting the smaller acquisitions by midsized companies. Discussed are some notable mergers including athenahealth's acquisition of Epocrates at a premium price, and...
- Optimism on M&A Activity, Particularly in Health Care. Flynn, Mary Kathleen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 53, p1
The article provides an outlook for mergers and acquisitions in the health care sector in 2014 based on the Mid-Market Pulse (MMP) index.
- business watch. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2010, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p59
The article presents information on personnel changes at hospitals including information on the appointment of executive Scott Bond as president and chief executive officer of the Washington State Hospital Association, the appointment of executive Amir Dan Rubin as president and chief executive...
- Taking a Breather. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jonathan Marino on mergers in healthcare, energy and defense and another by Danielle Fugazy on the first half of the year for the deal market.
- AxelaCare Adds SCP Specialty Infusion. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/11/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p11
The article reports on the acquisition of specialty home infusion services company SCP Specialty Infusion by health care firm AxelaCare.
- Step Back, Take Stock. PREWITT, EDWARD // HealthLeaders Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p6
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including the cover story on the Council Connection, and the Roundtable discussion report on mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare industry.
- LARGEST HEALTHCARE SERVICES MERGERS/ACQUISITIONS IN 2010. // Modern Healthcare;7/18/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 29, p34
A list of the biggest mergers and acquisitions in the healthcare services industry in 2010 is presented, which includes Carlyle Group, Universal Health Services and Gentiva Health Services.