Virgina Governor: Strengthen State's Rainy-Day Fund
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Next Stop, Virginia's Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p1
Reports the signing of tax-exempt revenue bond issuance by governor, Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Passage of sales-tax hikes in referendums; Increase the local portion of the state sales tax; Finances in regional transportation programs.
- Va. Budget Wrangle Goes on as Warner OKs $261M in Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that members of Virginia's Senate and House of Delegates are trying to hammer out a compromise between their competing fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget blueprints. Governor Mark R. Warner's signing of two bills that authorize a total of 261 million dollars in debt issuance; Total of...
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Virginia Budget Contains $625M for Transportation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p30
The article reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has said that his upcoming budget contains $625 million for transportation programs. However, the plan does not appear to call for the issuance of new debt in the gilt-edged state. Approximately $286 million would come from collections of...
- GSE Reform Off the Table Until After the Elections: Corker. Finkle, Victoria // Cujournal.com;10/6/2015, p1
Despite their major push to overhaul the housing finance market last Congress, Sens. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Mark Warner, D-Va., offered little optimism Tuesday that structural reform is on its way anytime soon.
- Virginia Governor Says $850 Million Tobacco Deal Likely to Happen by July. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p3
Reports that Virginia's tax-exempt bond deal of roughly $850 million is expected to reach the market by July 2003 according to the state's governor Mark R. Warner. Specifications regarding the usage of proceeds from bond sale under a law enacted in the state in May 2002; Importance of the...
- K-12 Budget Sees Modest Increase. Richard, Alan // Education Week;5/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p31
This article reports that Virginia lawmakers have approved only minor increases in the current biennial K-12 budget that covers fiscal years 2005 and 2006. Governor Mark Warner, who is in his fourth and final year in office, signed the spending measure. Because the Virginia Constitution allows...