Virgina Governor: Strengthen State's Rainy-Day Fund
- Virginia Governor's Budget Plan Includes Nearly $740M in Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p28
Presents the proposed budget of Virginia governor Mark R. Warner for the fiscal 2005-2006 biennium. Inclusion of bond-issuance proposals; Combination of proposed tax increases and reductions; Amount of the budget.
- Next Stop, Virginia's Voters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31378, p1
Reports the signing of tax-exempt revenue bond issuance by governor, Mark R. Warner in Virginia. Passage of sales-tax hikes in referendums; Increase the local portion of the state sales tax; Finances in regional transportation programs.
- Va. Budget Wrangle Goes on as Warner OKs $261M in Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31832, p4
Reports that members of Virginia's Senate and House of Delegates are trying to hammer out a compromise between their competing fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget blueprints. Governor Mark R. Warner's signing of two bills that authorize a total of 261 million dollars in debt issuance; Total of...
- Virginia's Warner Set to Sign $145M Bond Bill to Fund Dulles Rail Link. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p3
Reports on the plans of Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner to sign into law a bill that would authorize transportation revenue bonds to fund an extension of Washington, D.C.-based Metrorail system to Dulles Airport. Sponsor of the bill; Senate's approval of the measure; Hopes of the Virginia...
- Virginia Panel Says No to Governor's $1 Billion Tax Hike Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/6/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31816, p3
Reports on the Virginia House Finance Committee's rejection of Governor Mark R. Warner's proposal to raise tax rates over two years. Warner's attempt to help close the state's budget gap and protect its triple-A general obligation bond rating; Proposed alternative to Warner's proposal.
- Squeezed by Budget, Va. Colleges Hike Tuition to New Heights. // Community College Week;11/11/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
Reports on the decision of State Board for Community Colleges in Richmond, Virginia to raise tuition rates for the spring semester as of November 2002. Significance of the decision to the state budget cuts; Actions taken by Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner; Impact of the decision on community...
- Virginia Lawmakers Stepping Up Tax, Budget Negotiations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/27/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31830, p4
Reports that the financial committees of the Virginia General Assembly have started negotiations to reach a compromise on tax revision and budgetary matters. Amount of bond package favored by Governor Mark R. Warner; Plan to increase upper-bracket income taxes and sales taxes; Proposed...
- Virginia Budget Contains $625M for Transportation. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p30
The article reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has said that his upcoming budget contains $625 million for transportation programs. However, the plan does not appear to call for the issuance of new debt in the gilt-edged state. Approximately $286 million would come from collections of...
- GSE Reform Off the Table Until After the Elections: Corker. Finkle, Victoria // Cujournal.com;10/6/2015, p1
Despite their major push to overhaul the housing finance market last Congress, Sens. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., and Mark Warner, D-Va., offered little optimism Tuesday that structural reform is on its way anytime soon.