Municipal Bonds End Day Firm As Treasuries Swing With Stocks
- Munis Gain From Treasury Boost As Payrolls Are Revised Downward. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31943, p2
Reports that municipal bonds in the United States rose on August 6, 2004. Lead from Treasuries which surged when July non-farm payrolls rose 32,000; Downward revision of the June payrolls; Comments of Hugh Johnson, chief investment officer at First Albany Capital Inc.; Rally by the bond market...
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Munis End Stronger with Treasuries as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34438, p1
Municipal bonds were sharply stronger on Monday, traders said, with yields on top-rated maturities falling by as much as six basis points. Treasuries surged in a flight-to-quality bid while U.S. equities plunged in the wake of a stock market meltdown in China.
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Municipal Prices Gain 1/4 to 3/8 Point; FBE, Calif. State University Deals Sell. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p2
Reports on the increase of in municipal bonds as Treasury bonds gained on stock losses and signs of weakness in the U.S. labor market. Percentage increase in import price index; Improvements in prices for light supply; Rates of serial bonds.
- Munis Weaker Despite Treasury Rally. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32694, p2
The article reports that the municipal market was weaker by about three to five basis points overall despite a Treasury market rally on plummeting stocks in the U.S. Traders said the market showed mild gains on the short end, and weakness of up to six or seven basis points on the long end. In a...
- Treasuries tumble, munis slip slightly as stock market has a strong day. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;01/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30313, p1
Reports that municipal bonds and Treasuries dropped points at the close of trading on January 16, 1998 while stock prices increased in the United States. Trading activity in the secondary market; Progress made by traders in follow through business; Outflows reported for tax-exempt money market...
- Munis Sag When Stocks Recover. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p1
Reports on the performance of government securities and municipal bonds during trading in the United States on Friday September 11, 1998. Recovery of stocks; Comparison to Treasuries; Crossover buyers' decision not to commit capital; Narrowing of spread between a 30-year bond and a two-year note.
- Muni Tone Softens After Early Gains; Treasuries Slip on Oil Price Decline. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p2
Reports on trading in the U.S. municipal bond market on May 21, 2004. Trading activity following capitulation in the Treasury market; Effect of a drop in oil prices and a subsequent rebound in equities; Changes in municipal bond prices.