NEWS IN BRIEF
- Financial-services advertising jumps as competition heats up. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr85, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p29
Examines the advertising expenditures by financial-service providers and trade organizations in the U.S. Increase in the advertising competition among financial-service conglomerates; Figures in the expenditures of the brokerage sector; Projections on advertising expenditures. INSETS:...
- Financial firms signal advertising comeback. Davis, Andrea // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the trends of advertising among financial services companies in Indianapolis, Indiana. Recovery of financial firms; Efforts of the companies in spending for advertising and public relations; Relevance of television and print campaigns.
- Saving and/or worrying. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/26/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 30, p32
Reports on the pitfall of financial-service advertisements in the United States. Hinting at the prospect of an impecunious age.
- Weaning Big Spenders off Big Lenders. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;07/05/99, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p36
Describes a financial services advertisement. Target audience; Marketer; Agency which designed the commercial.
- Sexy or not, smart ads are best seducers. // B to B;06/11/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p22
Evaluates business-to-business advertisements from financial services providers in the United States. Characteristics of effective business-to-business advertising; Contents of business-to-business advertisements.
- Advertising needs more testing, says new study. // ABA Banking Journal;Oct83, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p31
Deals with an insufficient research conducted by financial service providers in assessing the effectivity of their advertising. Information on the advertising-related problems of companies with limited advertising budgets; Sources of dissatisfaction of financial service providers with their...
- Finance. Kiley, David // Adweek Western Edition;05/18/98, Vol. 48 Issue 20, Upfront p24
Looks at the promotional and advertising strategy of financial services firms in the United States. Increased spending for advertising campaigns by independent brokerages and mutual fund companies; Selection of advertising agencies; Increased advertising budget of credit card firms Visa,...
- Two CDO's pulled from market. C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;12/1/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p4
Reports that two collateralized debt obligations, Cherry Valley I and Synthesis, were pulled from the market prior to the November 2003 holiday break.
- A Different Look. Garland, Eric // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p16
Introduces a series of articles which deal with financial planning.
- Industry news digest. // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p49
Offers news briefs on the U.S. financial planning industry as of April 2003. Collaboration of Prudential Financial and Wachovia; Market performance of dividend stocks in 2002; Financial services companies that founded and formed the College Saving Foundation.