- NEWS IN BRIEF: ARKANSAS. // Advocate;3/12/91, Issue 572, p26
Reports that the Arkansas senate judiciary committee voted on January 30, 1991, to kill a bill that would have overturned the state sodomy law.
- N.H. Senate takes on health care. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;4/9/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p24
The article announces the amendment of a health care bill in the New Hampshire Senate that would attempt to overturn the requirement of the federal health reform law for individuals who can afford health insurance. It notes that the bill, which is under the Senate Bill 390, enables small...
- Illinois State Legislature Approves Grid Modernization Plan. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;5/23/2013, p1
The article informs that the Illinois House of Representatives voted to overturn Governor Pat Quinn's veto of Senate Bill 9, which would enhance the ability for electricity firm Ameren Illinois to make improvements to the electric grid and create new jobs. Richard J. Mark, President and Chief...
- Levin Weighs In With New FPI Legislation. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p20
Reports that U.S. senator Carl Levin has joined in the legislative fight to overturn the federal prison system's monopoly over goods sold to the government. Introduction of a bill that would open federal contracts to competitive bidding.
- ILC Bill Clears Calif. Senate Panel. Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;6/17/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 116, p3
Reports that a bill to allow nonfinancial firms to purchase industrial loan companies (ILC) is gaining popularity in California and could soon be enacted. Voting of the California Senate Banking Committee 10 to 1 in favor of the legislation; Details of the bill, which would allow companies with...
- Senate panel delays debating pain control bill as interest in issue grows. Levenson, Deborah // AHA News;04/17/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 15, p3
Reports that the United States Senate Committee has postponed debate over a bill that would overturn the assisted suicide law in Oregon. Information on the legislation HR 2260; Role of Senator Ron Wyden in the debate; Attitude of the American Medical Association toward the bill.
- Opposition to new air quality rules getting renewed attention this year. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;01/26/98, Vol. 253 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the debate in the United States Senate prompted by the call to overturn the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) rule revising the air quality standards for one and particulate matter. Senator James Inhofe's call for a four-year moratorium on air quality standards; House...
- Both N.Y. Houses Pass Bill To Return Responsibility To Renter For Damage Or Theft Of Rental Vehicle. // Insurance Advocate;7/1/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 25, p26
Reports that the New York House and Senate have passed a bill overturning a pro-consumer law designed to protect car renters in the state from improper practices by the automobile rental industry.
- NH House rejects foster care, adoption bans. Giordano, Scott A. // Bay Windows;3/24/1999, pN.PAG
Reports on the passage of a bill by the New Hampshire state House of Representatives that overturns a law that bans gay couples from adopting and becoming foster parents. Proponents of the bill; Expectations regarding the passage of the bill in the state Senate; Significance of gay and lesbian...
- Smoking bill pits bars vs. restaurants. Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/18/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 26, p1A
Reports on the legislation that would overturn significant portions of the smoking ban law proposed in New York. Complaint of restaurant owners about the bill; Sponsorship of senator Raymond Meier and Assemblyman RoAnn Destito to the legislation; Option of bars and other businesses that can...