- After the Earthquakes: Immediate Post-Disaster Work with Children and Families. Sawrey, Richard; Waldegrave, Charles; Tamasese, Taimalieutu Kiwi; Bush, Allister // New Zealand Journal of Psychology;2011, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p58
Following the recent major Christchurch earthquakes, a huge amount of work has been carried out by a range of volunteers and professionals throughout the Canterbury area. We were able to make a small contribution these initiatives. Our team had the privilege of being involved in a special...
- Drying out. St. Lifer, Evan; Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;9/15/1993, Vol. 118 Issue 15, p22
Pictures librarians checking condition of paper during the Wet Books Disaster Workshop held by the Disaster Committee of the Rhode Island Council for the Preservation of Research Resources. Instructor Gregor Trinkaus-Randall; Brief details.
- Making the Grade: Recycling. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;2/19/2009, p22
The article offers information about Waste Works recycling education center based in Manchester, England. The center is operated by The Co-operative Group. It involves school children, which are more or less 3,000 from schools and community groups, in the process of recycling paper and its own...
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/9/2007, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p7
This article presents a call for paper geared for school children.
- All play. // India Today;5/26/2014, p33
The article offers information on dance, music, adventure and cooking workshops and classes for children in Gujarat, India. They include the basic pottery workshops of ceramist and sculptor Anju Pawar at Pot-Tree Ceramic Studio, the camps called Kathanika organised by Craft Canvas, and the...
- Circle of Learning. Ditzler, Karen // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the workshop called `Parents As Partners,' which involves parents in their children's education at Mount Zion Elementary in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania. Number of times the workshop is held in a year; Benefit to parents, teachers and students; Workshop schedule.
- World Disaster Response Summit. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2006, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p64
The article reports on the budget for the best disaster response solutions at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. People have been called on to participate in the international event if they are active in reconstruction, disaster housing, and emergency communications. It is...
- International Workshop: Setting Priorities in Environmental Epidemiology--Report on a World Health Organization Meeting. // Archives of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p239
Reports on the World Health Organization's (WHO) international workshop on environmental epidemiology in January 1993. Presentation of working papers; Formation of working groups to clarify priorities in air and water contamination, radiation and disasters; Recommendations.
- SCORE can help business owners rebuild following a disaster. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/14/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p18
The article features the counselor of small business called SCORE in the U.S. SCORE provides expert mentoring, resources and workshops that can help a business recover from a disaster including floods, wildfires, tornadoes and other natural or manmade disasters. SCORE counselors are available to...
- UNESCO Publishes Guidelines for Disaster Risk Reduction in Schools. // Journal of Family & Consumer Sciences;Summer2012, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p60
The article offers information on a comprehensive study published by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) on disaster management. It is discussed that the initiative was taken by the organizations after the...