- NASA won $13.8 billion. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/18/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 12, p17
Informs about the 1996 budget for NASA, voted for by Senate Appropriations Committee.
- Bush to nix workers' overtime pay. Allen, Zita // New York Amsterdam News;1/15/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p4
The U.S. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton held a press conference on January 11, 2004 at the Central Labor Council, where union leaders representing police, firefighters, nurses and others joined her to criticize the U.S. President's administration plans to nix overtime pay for millions of...
- Recent Action in the Congress. // Congressional Digest;Jan1990, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p8
Discusses recent actions in the Congress regarding the capital gains taxation issue. Early 1989 action; Ways and Means Committee vote; House floor debate and vote; Senate Finance Committee action; Senate floor debate and votes.
- The battle over GSAs. Carmack, Cathy // Advocate;4/11/2006, Issue 960, p34
The article reports on the effort of some state lawmakers in the U.S. to limit or ban gay-straight alliances (GSA) in schools. The lawmakers argue that such alliances promote sexual activity, and they have been pushing legislation--although somewhat unsuccessfully--to limit or ban the clubs,...
- Protocols Remain. Dyke, John Kerry // Insurance Advocate;02/13/99, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the United States Senate Legislative Oversight Committee has voted to retain the PIP Medical Protocol Care Paths. Senators that voted against the protocol; Information on the consumer appeal system to be drafted by the Senate.
- Political Action Committee spending and Senate roll call voting. Calcagno, Peter T.; Jackson, John D. // Public Choice;Dec98, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p569
Examines the effects of Political Action Committee spending on the roll call voting behavior of United States Senators. Evidence of support for a Downs-Black view of voting participation; Alteration of voting incentives; Positivity of the effect on voting participation.
- Superfund vote postponed. // Business Insurance;09/08/97, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p2
Reports that the vote on the Republican leadership's Superfund reform bill, by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee has been postpone. Reason for the postponement; Date rescheduled for voting.
- Gaining on a gains cut. // Newsweek;9/25/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p34
Discusses the House Ways and Means Committee's vote to approve a reduction in the capital-gains tax, reactions to the vote, and the bill's outlook in the Senate.
- Medicare, Medicaid technical amendments pass Senate Finance Committee. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;12/5/93, Vol. 67 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the Senate Finance Committee's approval by voice vote of a package of Medicare and Medicaid technical amendments. Amendments included in the package.
- GOP senators boycott vote on McCarthy for EPA. Cappiello, Dina // Christian Science Monitor;5/ 9/2013, pN.PAG
Senate Republicans boycotted Thursday a scheduled committee vote on President Barack Obama's pick to lead the Environmental Protection Agency.