Angelides: Only Three Firms Have Complied With Conflict Principles
- Angelides: $12.5B Power Deal Postponed. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p1
Reports on the statement by California state treasurer Philip Angelides that the state will not sell its offering in power revenue bonds until 2002. Role of Public Utilities Commission behind the delay in bond issuance; Impact of delay in sale on state's financial position; Steps to be taken up...
- California treasurer Philip Angelides. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;03/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30601, p9
Reports on the efforts of Philip Angelides to gain institutional support for California's Department of Veterans Affairs home purchase revenue bonds. Underwriter of the bond issue; Structure of the bond.
- Investment hot line. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30679, p27
Focuses on the establishment of a hotline for investment-related inquiries in California by state treasurer Philip Angelides.
- Ruling favors fund in sobrogation case. // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p10
Presents information on an appellate court's ruling in the subrogation case involving the California Insurance Guarantee Association and the Superior Court of Los Angeles County. Examination of circumstances surrounding this case; Details on arguments presented in this case.
- Ruling on North Pointe Bay clears way for insurance relief. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/93, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p5A
Reports on the issues regarding the status of residents of North Pointe Bay, a 184-unit development at 96th Street and Township Line Road in Indianapolis, Indiana. Discovery of condominiums' classification as single-family homes under Indiana insurance law; Ruling by the state Department of...
- High court ruling affirms state regulatory authority. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul93, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the decision of the Supreme Court in the Department of Treasury vs. Fabe case affirming state regulatory authority over the insurance industry. Claims against the insolvent American Druggists' Insurance Company; Policyholders given priority over federal government claims; Comment...
- Credit-Score Expert: No Disparate Impact. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;9/29/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 39, p10
Delves into the study made of the disparate impact of of using credit records on minority groups in the U.S. Decision of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners to leave research on the impact of credit scoring to individual states; Opinion of Jeffery Skelton, assistant vice...
- Producer database holds promise and dangers for agents. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/17/94, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p15
Reports that insurance commissioners are developing a national producer database in response to Congressional hearings and consumer dissatisfaction with the supervision of insurance agents. Offering of information on licensing and regulations; Concerns on reliability of source of information.
- Regulatory reviews now underway in many states. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/26/96, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p5
Reports that regulatory reviews are being planned or are in progress for 1996 at a number of state insurance departments in America according to an informal `National Underwriter' survey. Names of states involved in regulatory reforms; Annual progress of regulatory and administrative review in...