Virginia Governor's Goal: Hold the Line at Triple-A
- Warner Tells Virginia That Lean Times Near In Legislative Speech. Richard, Alan // Education Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p16
Offers a look at Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner's State of the Commonwealth Address. Warning of budget cuts and their effect on teachers' pay; Decline of tourism in Virginia following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks; Discussion of how the cuts would affect schools; Rewards for...
- Budget Group Formed. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p33
Reports on Virginia Governor Mark Warner's signing of Executive Order 67 creating the Governor's Working Group on Budget Reform. Objectives of the executive order; Functions of the Working Group on Budget Reform; Members of the working group.
- Virginia Biennial Budget Amendments Feature No New Bonding Authority. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p41
The article presents information about Virginia's fiscal 2005-2006 biennial budget. Governor Mark R. Warner did not propose new bond authority in the package of proposed amendments to the budget. The current 2005-2006 budget, which Warner signed into law last summer, already contains authority...
- Warner keynote figures in Obama's Va. strategy. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;8/25/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 93, p18
The article reports on the importance of the town of Martinsville, Virginia to the political story of Mark Warner who will run for the Senate and who will give the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention.
- Warner to Start Field Trip to India. KUMAR, ANITA // News India Times;01/13/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that U.S. Senator Mark Warner is scheduled to visit India on January 7, 2012 together with other four members of the U.S. Congress to meet with government and business leaders in New Delhi.
- Efficiency Inspector. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p29
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner has appointed a state inspector general to oversee reviews of the efficiency of agencies and programs. Responsibilities of the inspector general; Effectivity of the appointment.
- Virginia Governor Vows to Cut Bureaucracy, Protect School Funds. Vadum, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31550, p6
Reports that Virginia Governor Mark R. Warner promised in his annual state address to try to enact money-saving reforms that cut bureaucracy and to veto any budget-amendment bill lawmakers may approve that cuts school funding or state retirement funds. Governor's proposals for the improvement...
- Virgina Governor: Strengthen State's Rainy-Day Fund. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31525, p4
Emphasizes the need to strengthen Virginia's Rainy-Day fund. Re-forecasting of revenue for the fund; Virginia's governor Mark Warner's plans to propose changes to the state's biennial budget; Warner's proposal to remove one-term limit for the governor's post.
- Virginia Airport Program Takes Hit as Governor Makes Cuts. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p32
Reports on the amount deducted from the capital grant program in Virginia. Proceeds of the capital grant program; Efforts of Governor Mark R. Warner to balance the 2003 budget; Details on the spending cuts.