NEWS IN BRIEF
- Moody's gives Aaa to Columbus refunding. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p3
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service's assigning of an Aaa rating to a general obligations refunding bonds that the city of Columbus, Ohio plans to sell on January 13, 1998. Features of the negotiated refunding; Comment by Bill Leech, analyst for Moody's; Population growth in the city; Expected...
- Moody's Realigns Analysts; Boicourt Named Head of Merged Team. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;6/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31171, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has realigned its infrastructure finance team to include analysts covering states and large cities in the United States. Goal to increase efficiency in serving clients; Renee Boicourt's appointment to the post of manager of the merged team.
- Deptford, N.J., GOs Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p2
Reports on the statement from Moody's Investors Service Inc. regarding the outstanding general obligation bonds in New Jersey.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Peacock, Wayne; Vekshin, Alison; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31343, p2
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Reduction of rating in Connecticut Resources Recovery Authority's Mid-Connecticut System by Moody's Investors Service; Expectation of sluggish recovery of economy during the testimony of economy in Senate committee; Testimony Auction...
- NEW JERSEY: Bayonne Blues. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the rating of Moody's Investors Service for Bayonne's general obligation bond sale in New Jersey. Amount of the outstanding debt of the company; Existence of budgetary gaps in the company.
- NEW YORK: Upstate Troubles. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p33
Reports the bond decrease in New York City according to Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- Moody's to Open Chicago Public Finance Office. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p27
Announces the opening of a public finance office by Moody's Investors Service to expand public finance group in Chicago, Illinois.
- Moody's Downgrades N. Carolina. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p1
Reports the continuing budget problems downgraded by Moody's Investors Service in North Carolina. Rejection of the budget plan by the Senate from the compromise bill; Emphasis on adverse economic and fiscal events related expenses during calamities; Restoration of structural balance through key...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch: Hampton Center. Blake, Kerry // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p41
Reports that Hampton in Virginia is planning to issue several million dollars worth of revenue bonds in a negotiated sale tentatively set for November 13, 2002. Lead manager on the deal; Ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of the bond; Basis for the rating; Tax increases in...