FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.
- Tax-Exempt Energy Bond Bill Unveiled. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p1
Reports on the plan of Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce an energy bill that would allow state and local governments to use tax-exempt bonds to purchase prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection of the tax-exempt status of public power utilities' bonds; Benefits from the proposal.
- Alaska Has $17 Billion in The Pipeline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p1
Alaska governor Frank Murkowski has signed a law legislation allowing Alaska Railroad Corp. to issue up to $17 billion in revenue bonds that could be tax-exempt under a special exception to the federal tax code. The bill stipulates that revenues generated by the pipeline would secure the...
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...
- Budget, Tobacco Bills Signed. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p39
The article reports that Governor of Alaska Frank Murkowski has signed a bill that authorizes the state to refinance outstanding bonds secured by revenue coming to the state from the national settlement with tobacco manufacturers. Alaska has already sold $251 million in Northern Tobacco...
- Amerada Hess Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p35
The article focuses on the introduction of a bill, to enact a proposal from Governor Frank Murkowski to securitize the proceeds from a lawsuit settlement won by the state, in the Legislature. The bill would set up an entity called the State of Alaska Capital Corp. as a vehicle to issue $350...
- Alaska Railroad Corp. Reviews FAs For Possible Tax-Exempt Offering. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p5
Reports that the Alaska Railroad Corp. is reviewing responses to a recent request for proposals for FA services for possible tax-exempt bonds. Two development projects finances by the corporation; Definition of Alaska Railroad Transfer Act; Negotiation of Governor Frank Murkowski with oil and...
- Aloha Authorizations. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p35
Reports on the approval of the bond authorization bills by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle. Authorization for the sale of special purpose revenue bonds; Purpose of the bonds.