Texas' Trinity River Unleashing $300M of Refundings
- Rhode Island. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p31
Reports that Rhode Island will cement the relationship of the merged Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority and the Public Building Authority by refunding a portion of the latter's outstanding debt.
- N.Y. Thruway Plans to Refund $522 Million of ARS This Week. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/29/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33191, p3
The article reports on the plan of New York State Thruway Authority to refund 521.7 million dollars from 4 billion dollars of auction-rate securities (ARS) outstanding. It mentions that the authority first sold local highway and bridge service contract bonds worth 530.8 million dollars in 2003....
- Board OKs Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p29
The article reports that New York State Public Authorities Control Board on Wednesday approved the sale of $882.4 million of bonds, including $461 million of refunding bonds, a $30 million combined new money refunding, and $391 million of new money. The board approved six bond sales for the New...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.
- Optimistic Houston Brings Two Postponed Deals Back to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p1
Reports on the plan of Houston, Texas officials to sell multi-million dollars in airport system subordinate-lien revenue refunding bonds which were postponed after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Expectations of deputy controller Judy Johnson's regarding savings incurred by the...