S&P Issues Quarterly Disclosure Report Cards
- Long-term-care firms add debt--S&P. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;10/3/94, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p54
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s analysis of the debt situation of long-term healthcare companies. Impact of the shift away from acute-care settings; Long-term-care companies which have become public borrowers; Reason for companies' reliance on debt.
- Some HCOs vulnerable: S&P. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;09/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 37, p2
Focuses on the financial vulnerability of managed health care organizations according to a survey released by the rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. in the United States. What was the primary criteria used to evaluate the organizations; Number of organizations surveyed; Comments from Arun...
- Standard & Poor's projects financially brighter days ahead for NJ hospitals. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;08/28/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p7
Forecasts an increase in the funding budget of hospitals in New Jersey, according to a report by Standard & Poor's. Details on the budget and federal matching funds; Hospital benefits.
- Health care bond downgrades top upgrades: S&P. G.A. // AHA News;1/30/95, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
Reports on the downgrading of tax-exempt health care bond ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) for 1993. Amount of debt represented by the downgrades; Health care bonds which experienced an increase; Other results of the ratings.
- Economy Takes a Toll on Hospitals; Credit Ratings Continue to Slide. Edwards, Randy // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Nov2008, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p10
This article reports that downgrades exceeded upgrades by a two-to-one ratio for not-for-profit health care systems in the U.S. in 2008, according to Standard & Poor's (S&P) Ratings Services. The S&P report and several others issued this summer painted a gloomy enough picture of hospitals'...
- Utility ratings group realigns as it goes global. // Electrical World;Sep96, Vol. 210 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the realignment of Standard & Poor's utility ratings department. Global electric, gas, and water utility analyzing team to be headed by Edward Z. Emmer; Coverage of international telecommunications and cable television industry to be headed by Richard Siderman.
- Open-ended pool financing nears. // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p10
Reports that according to the ViewPoint of Project Finance, Utilities, and Concessions report from Standard and Poor's Ratings Services, market participants are refocusing on credit risk. Why participants are refocusing on credit risk; Comments from William Chew, managing director, Standard and...
- Restaurant stocks moved in S&P index changes. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/13/97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Standard & Poor's Equity Services Group has reported that several restaurant stocks have been moved to different index classification after restructuring its listings for the restaurant industry group. Companies that were moved to other classifications.
- S&P introduces index to track REITs. // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p43
Reports on a composite index designed to track the performance of real-estate investment trust (REIT) introduced by Standard and Poor's Financial Information Services in New York. What the index consist of; What the REIT Composite Index is composed of.