Florida Division of Bond Finance: Lottery Could Back School Debt
- Betting on West Virginia. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31412, p1
Reports the development of strategy for leveraging the proceeds of lottery-backed revenue bonds by the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee. Purpose for the bond strategy; Approval on the formation of the Committee by Governor Bob Wise; Payment of the bond debt by the Legislature...
- Critics Blast Tech School Lottery Plan. // Community College Week;6/24/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p25
Focuses on the criticisms of parents, students and teachers on the technical school lottery spending plan in South Carolina. Frustration of some education administrators over the inability of the legislature to deliver free tuition promised by lottery supporters; Benefits for students who...
- West Virginia Authority's Decision Puts Lottery Bonds in Legal Limbo. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p6
Reports on refusal by West Virginia Economic Development Authority (EDA) , to issue lottery-backed revenue bonds until their legality is upheld, as of August 25, 2003. Reason behind the refusal by EDA on issuance of bonds; Impact of delay of the issue of bonds on grant projects.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/1/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31440, p37
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sales generated from lottery; Approval of million dollar package for tax increase; Affirmation of Fitch Ratings on the revenue bonds of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
- The Soviet Experiment With Domestic Lottery Bonds. Millar, James R.; Gentry, James A. // Financial Management (1972);Winter80, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p21
The article reviews the Soviet use of domestic lottery bonds and analyzes the payoff system used to reward private bondholders. Domestic lottery bonds served as unique instruments for financing Soviet budgetary deficits for several decades. The State Budget came to rely exclusively upon lottery...
- W. Va.'s Lottery Deal Back on After Lawsuit Is Resolved. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p4
Reports that West Virginia's proposed lottery-backed revenue bond sale was back after the resolved lawsuit that had attempted to block the bond issue. Issuance of economic development bond package; Benefits of the bond sale; Promotion of the bond sale.
- Lotteries: `Mega-Bucks' Promise Is Disputed. Sirkin, J. R. // Education Week;9/18/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on issues related to the introduction of lotteries as a source of revenue for school funding in California. One concern regarding lottery is its long-term impact on educating spending. Experts pointed out that the said method could affect the public's willingness to support...
- Oregon Lawmakers Approve $1.7B of Tax, Lottery Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32663, p4
The article reports on the approval of Oregon lawmakers for the $1.7 billion new tax and lottery supported bond debt. It is stated that they also authorized $409 million of Article XI-F bonds for higher education. Moreover, a law that allows the state to use derivatives to hedge the Article XI-F...
- SOUTHEAST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32145, p30
This article focuses on a table giving information on revenue bonds. Some of them are: Miami-Dade aviation revenue bonds, State lottery revenue bonds, Miami-Dade performing arts revenue bonds, Palm Beach County Scripps revenue bonds, Miami-Dade transportation plan revenue bonds.