THE HIGH-VOLUME ADVANTAGE: FOOD PROCESSING
- Consider performance, service to get the most out of equipment. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;03/20/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p30
Discusses the factors foodservice operators in the United States need to consider when purchasing kitchen equipment such as cooking and refrigeration appliances. Quality of customer service offered by the manufacturer; Performance of the kitchen equipment.
- Investing In Quality Tools, Machines Will Help Improve Your Operation's Productivity. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p18
Focuses on the importance of investing in quality food service equipment. Evaluation of food preparation machines; Impact to food service operations' productivity and product quality; Efficiencies of food preparation machines; Notable lines of kitchen equipment.
- Uncovering pots and pans. O'BRIEN, TOM // Restaurant Business;Nov2010, Vol. 109 Issue 11, pHSB16
The article offers information on the proper selection of cookware taking into account its usability and durability.
- Machineries of joy. // Restaurant Magazine;Aug2013, Issue 228, p56
The article offers information on top 20 kitchen utensils including fully-automated bratt pans, self-activating pizza ovens and orange juicers
- Cleanability of equipment should be a factor in your purchasing decisions. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;08/17/98, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p19
Stresses the importance of checking the sanitation and cleaning ease of cooking suites prior to making purchasing decisions. Popularity of island cooking suites made by European equipment manufacturers; Tough European hygiene codes; Design of griddles; Avoidance of food contamination; Most...
- 2003: What Will It Bring? Eikenberg, Jack // Gourmet Retailer;Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p120
Focuses on 2002 business report of houseware industry of the U.S. based on which predictions can be made for 2003. Reason why holidays in 2002 were not a good time for houseware industry; Factor due to which the houseware industry is undervalued; Rise in the price of various kitchware.
- THE DO'S & DON'TS OF: EQUIPMENT CLEANING. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p132
Provides tips in cleaning equipment for food service. How to clean various kitchen equipment; Difference between sanitizing and washing; Areas in which an employee must be trained in order to clean orderly; Details on the use of various cleaning equipment; Tips in cleaning mixers, processors...
- Old tools and appliances are a few of our favorite things. Stern, Jane; Stern, Michael // Nation's Restaurant News;06/26/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p60
Highlights low-technology implements used by restaurant cooks in the United States. Virginia-based grocery store owner Angela Oliverio's creation of fresh sausages using a Chop-Rite grinder; Use of baroque cast-iron broilers for holding burgers at the diner Louis Lunch in New Haven,...
- Supplies showroom. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p198
Presents information about kitchen utensils for the foodservice industry. Edlund's KR-100 Knife Rack; Opinionmeter; Cold Cap by Hubert; More.