WHAT IT TAKES TO PREPARE: The meatless breakfast
- Morning glory. Sass, Lorna J. // Vegetarian Times;Dec95, Issue 220, p28
Presents vegan versions of two breakfast dishes. French Toast; Breakfast Sausage Patties.
- Holiday Breakfasts. Bittman, Mark // Cooking Light;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p96
The article discusses vegetarian meals for breakfast that are low in sugar and fat. The author notes that the predominant flavors in most breakfast meals are sugar and fat and suggests that during the holidays individuals should eat healthier alternatives. A recipe for Eggs Poached in Curried...
- Restaurant Guide. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/18/2004, Issue 847, p61
Presents several restaurants in Southern California. Specialization of Ranchos Cocina in Mexican and Vegetarian cuisine; Breakfast served at Hash House a go go; Assorted pastas available at Tioli's.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- What's meatless chili called? Delicious. Lapointe, Susan G. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 68, p14
Relates how the author began cooking vegetarian meals. Why her children decided to become vegetarians; The challenge of preparing satisfying and delicious meals without meat or fish; Recipes for Black-Bean Chili and Guacamole.
- Macaroni and cheese may be a natural combo on a healthy diet. Franz, Marion J. // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the vegetarian diet and natural food combinations for a healthy diet. Vegetarian diet, including macaroni and cheese, can be a good meal plan; Reasons for selecting the vegetarian plan; Key to a successful food plan; Animal and plant proteins; Complementary food combinations; Complete...
- Life choice frozen vegetarian meals. // Environmental Nutrition;Nov92, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
Announces the introduction of prepared meat-free meals from the maker of the Healthy Choice line of reduced-fat foods. Reviews the meals offered; Quick Chick-Pea Curry, Multibean Minestrone; More.
- Back to our roots. // Essence (Essence);Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p85
A report on root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and turnips, which are low-calorie and sources of important minerals. Recipes.
- Vegetable sauces and salsas. Haskell, R.R. // Flower & Garden;Aug89, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p56
Gives several recipes for vegetable sauces and salsas.