DO THEY REALLY WORK? HOME REMEDIES
- superfood check-up. Fittall, Karen // Good Health (Australia Edition);Sep2010, p152
The article presents different nutritious foods and their therapeutic effect on certain diseases. Broccoli helps protect people against prostate cancer as it creates changes in gene expression. Capers has more disease-specific antioxidants for heart disease protection. Researchers from Great...
- ZDRAVA ISHRANA, ZDRAV Å½IVOT. Novaković, Rijad // Sportekspert;Dec2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p18
Proper and healthy diet has become one of the most important problems of modern man. Man's health, creativity, efficiency and mood are directly conditioned by a daily diet that is applied. Proper and healthy diet helps the individual to more easily cope with life's difficulties and to protect...
- Foods for your moods. // Men's Health;Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p22
Advises that what you eat can change the way you feel and highlights some foods which can lift your spirits. Foods to avoid if you are feeling tense, anxious, and stressed or sleepy or depressed; Foods which can alter those feelings for the better.
- 'Take with meals'--or not Quick answers to a pesky question. Rosenberg, Jack M.; Sangkachand, Pongsri // RN;May81, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p46
Presents a list of commonly prescribed drugs that may be affected by the presence or lack of food in the stomach. Role of food in the stomach; Administration of atropine sulfate; Information on glycopyrrolate.
- Five foods every woman must eat. // Filipino Post;5/13/2010, p5
The article presents the foods that should be eaten by every woman including leafy vegetables, nuts, berries, whole grains, and yoghurt.
- meal. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1416
Definitions of the term "meal" are presented, one of which refers to the portion of food one's eat.
- Take a Bite Out of Stress. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb99, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p34
Lists some of the right food choices which relieve stress and enhance mood. Sources of amino acid tryptophan; Description of typical `comfort foods'; Recommended number of meals each day to keep one's fuel supply constant.
- A view to a krill. // Food Processing (00156523);May2010, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p61
The article offers information on the ingredient krill, a shrimp-like marine invertebrate which is a source of omega-3 phospholipids that is shown to manage cholesterol, joint health, inflammation, and cognitive function.
- ask the RD. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p84
The article provides an answer to a question that relate to the benefits of health foods such as aÃ§ai, goji, and mangosteen.