2001 REPORT: Food purchases at 50 GPOs show nominal growth
- Consumers hunt for holiday bargains. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p29
Forecasts an increase in consumer spending in the United States during the 2002 Christmas season. Reason behind the predicted increase; Average amount that will be spent by consumers for Christmas shopping; Factors that influence consumers' purchasing decisions.
- Chapter 5: Key Sectors. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2011 Quarter 2, Issue 2, p39
The article presents an overview of Business Monitor International Ltd.'s (BMI) forecasts to the key sectors of Turkey from 2010-2020, with information on the country' pharmaceuticals, food consumption, and oil & gas.
- Go figure. Pacyniak, Bernie // Candy Industry;Nov2006, Vol. 171 Issue 11, p6
The article discusses an increase in the total per capita consumption of confectionery in the U.S. in 2005. Volume gains grew from 6.21 billion pounds in 2004 to 6.49 billion pounds in 2005. Value percentage gains are predicted to improve in 2006. The gains are not expected to make an enormous...
- WTTC forecasts solid growth for travel and tourism. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p21
Forecasts the growth of the travel and tourism industry in 2003 according to a report from the World Travel and Tourism Council in the U.S. Comparison of tourism activity between 2001 and 2002; Effect of the relative strength of consumer spending on expectations for personal travel and tourism...
- Tin To Average US$28,000/tonne In 2011. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/7/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p4
The article provides an outlook for the global tin industry for 2011-2012. Analysts from Business Monitor International (BMI) forecast that tin prices will average 28,000 U.S. dollars per tonne for 2011 and 24,000 dollars/tonne for 2012. They estimate that the tin market was in deficit in 2010...
- Bright Prospects for SAP Consumption. Zhu Yan // China Chemical Reporter;10/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p29
The article presents a projection of the polymer (SAP) consumption in China. Due to extension and expansion of new projects, it is projected that the country's SAP capacity will reach 315,000 tons per annum (t/a) in 2014, while its industrial output will reach at around 250,000 tons. Meanwhile,...
- Holiday 2003 looking merry. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;9/19/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
Forecasts the performance of the textile industry in New York. Prediction on consumer spending; Estimation on total holiday retail sales; Impact of business spending for the industry.
- 2013 Iron and Steel Basic Industries. Kuo Ming-chou // Taiwan Industrial Outlook;1/ 1/2013, Special section p1
The article gives an outlook for the iron and steel basic industries in Taiwan in 2013. It cites factors to which the decline in steel consumption in major markets worldwide in the first half of 2012 was attributed, according to the International Iron and Steel Institute (IISI), including the...
- MarketCapsule: HOW WILL 2002 SHAPE UP. // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1
Presents statistical information on spending trends for food in non-commercial units in the United States in 2002.