DEMOGRAPHIC SHIFTS THREATEN F/S
- Strong Gains for Food-Away-From-Home: Foodservice closes in on 50% of U.S. food spending. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Looks at the analysis by the United States Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service on consumer spending on meals away from home. Expenditures for eating out; How people should economize; Expenditures for meals served at employee feeding facilities; Other institutional segments...
- FOODSERVICE BUYER: CHEESE. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Apr2006, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p60
The article reports on the use of cheese which has contributed to a major share of gain coming from the foodservice industry. As per the U.S. Department of Agriculture, per capita consumption of cheese nearly tripled in the last 30 years, from 11 pounds to 31 pounds, with roughly 60 percent of...
- USDA: 1 in 8 eat pizza on any given day. // Supermarket News Expert Blog;2/ 7/2014, p11
The article discusses a U.S. Deparment of Agriculture report that reveals the growth of U.S.' appetite for pizza, with 1 in 8 now consuming pizza on any given day as of February 2014.
- Eating at home offers an edge. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2013, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p68
The article informs that according to a report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, spending on food eaten away from home in the U.S. has increased by 10.5 percent.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Presents updates on issues important to foodservice in the United States (US). Request of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for increased budget in 2001; Dietary guidelines released by USDA; Volume of ground beef purchased by USDA.
- 48% OF AMERICA'S FOOD DOLLAR: Menu prices to rise 3% in 2001. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the projections of the United States Department of Agriculture about the prices of food service menus. Expenditures of Americans for meals away from home; Factors considered in making the projections.
- EDUCATION. // Washington Informer;6/19/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p20
The article offers Washington, District of Columbia's School news briefs as of June 2014 including the students participation in Friendship Public Charter School event, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program, and celebration by Luke C. Moore Academy's school officials.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p66
Presents several announcements made by the United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) for school foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers and presents news briefs related to the foodservice industry. Plans for a bonus buy of frozen cooked and sliced turkey roasts for schools;...
- Food Safety Resources for Schools. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on a resource guide 'Responding to a Food Recall' for school food service professionals released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Contents of the guide; Institute that has produced the resource guide through a cooperative agreement with Food and Nutrition Services of USDA;...