FOODSERVICE PAYROLL COSTS: Gephardt presses for wage boost
- Should congress approve the president's request for fast track trade negotiating authority? // Congressional Digest;Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p299
Presents various comments in response to the arguments heard on the Fast Track Negotiating Authority hearing by Honorable Richard A. Gephardt elected representative to the United States House of Representatives, Leland Swenson, president of National Farmers Union (NFU) and Steven J. Shimberg of...
- MEMO TO DICK GEBHARDT. Waldman, Steve // Washington Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
Comments on the need for U.S. Democrat politician Dick Gephardt to become more Jewish. Democratic candidates with Jewish ancestors; Suggested strategies for Gephardt to look more Jewish.
- Gephardt: Clinton's alter ego. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;3/29/93, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p27
Compares the political stances of President Bill Clinton and House Majority Leader Richard Gephardt. Their crucial strategic link; Why Clinton likes Gephardt; Gephardt is a key player in every big fight, from health care to trade; Why Gephardt is Clinton's one-man early warning system; More.
- Et tu, Dick? // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p443
Presents ideas on why US House Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt might be interested in a move to the Oval Office in Washington.
- House less weighty on Gephardt's scale. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;3/29/97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p624
Focuses on the activities and performance of House Minority Leader Richard A. Gephardt during the first three months of the 105th Congress. Signs that Gephardt's interest in launching a presidential bid is affecting his activity as the chief House Democrat; Disagreement with President Bill...
- House leader Gephardt visits Brooklyn students in mission to improve schools. // New York Amsterdam News;07/17/97, Vol. 88 Issue 29, p4
Presents information on House of Representatives Minority Leader, Richard Gephardt's visit to the Institute for Community Development's COMET program. Information on the COMET program; Information on events which occurred during the visit; Purpose of the visit.
- The shadow Democrat. Borger, Gloria // U.S. News & World Report;05/12/97, Vol. 122 Issue 18, p51
Focuses on House Democratic leader Dick Gephardt. How he has become the leading voice against President Bill Clinton; Budget negotiations; His unifying role among House Democrats; Strategy to mobilize the party's traditional interest groups; His impact on Vice President Al Gore.
- Gephardt endorses Rangel's $500 per child tax credit. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;07/10/97, Vol. 88 Issue 28, p1
Reports that Senate Minority Leader Richard Gephardt, has endorsed the actions of Congressman Charles Rangel to stop the Republican tax cut bill. Comments by Gephardt; Information on the bill; Republican opposition to the child credit tax.
- Lawmaker seeks new trade law. Gates, Max // Automotive News;7/26/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5510, p2
Reports on the House Majority Leader Representative Richard Gephardt's introduction of a bill to prevent the Japanese from backing out of their trade agreement with President Bill Clinton. Provisions; Motivation for Gephardt's bill.