Review: Physical diagnostic tests have low diagnostic accuracy for meniscal lesions of the knee
- McMurray test. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1416
A definition of the medical term "McMurray test" which refers to a test used to determine a torn meniscus of the knee is presented.
- Treatment of Meniscal Tear. Buchbinder, Rachelle; Harris, Ian // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/18/2016, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p602
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Treatment of meniscal tear: the more we learn, the less we know" by J. N. Katz in the previous issue.
- Treatment of Meniscal Tear. Katz, Jeffrey N.; Jones, Morgan H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/18/2016, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p603
A response from the author of the article "Treatment of meniscal tear: the more we learn, the less we know" in the previous issue is presented.
- MR imaging of displaced meniscal tears of the knee. Importance of a "disproportional posterior horn sign". Chen, H. C.; Hsu, C. Y.; Shih, T. T. F.; Huang, K. M.; Li, Y. W.; Shih, T T // Acta Radiologica;Jul2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p417
Purpose:Meniscal tears associated with displaced fragments are clinically significant. We propose the "disproportional posterior horn sign" as a supportive criterion to identify a posterocentrally displaced meniscal fragment on MR imaging studies. If the meniscal posterior horn in...
- Propuestas para la prevenciÃ³n de lesiones de menisco interno en fÃºtbol. Calero, J. C.; Espada, M.; Gallardo, J.; Santacruz, J. A.; Clemente, A. L. // Revista Kronos;ene-jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p53
Knee injuries are among the most frequent in soccer. Within these lesions are those of medial meniscus lesion with a high incidence. This paper aims to conduct a series of proposals designed to develop a prevention program of this type of injuries in soccer. However, provide guidelines that can...
- MRI not the best option for detecting meniscal tears in children's knees. // Modern Medicine;Sep98, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p62
Discusses the therapeutic use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for detecting meniscal tears on knees of children. Details on the issue presented by physician Randy S. Schwartzberg at the annual meeting of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports medicine; Findings on the study conducted.
- Clinical, radiologic and arthroscopic assessment and treatment of bilateral discoid lateral meniscus. Rao, Sharath; Sripathi Rao, P. // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Jul2007, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p597
The purpose of the study is to evaluate clinical, radiologic and arthroscopic features of bilateral discoid lateral meniscus and to assess the outcome of arthroscopic meniscectomy. Among the 177 arthroscopies performed for discoid lateral meniscus between January 1993 and January 2004, 12 were...
- Anatomy and physical examination of the knee menisci: a narrative review of the orthopedic literature. Chivers, Michael D.; Howitt, Scott D. // Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association;Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p319
Objective: The objective of this study was to review the physical examination tests available to a practitioner in order to arrive at a clinical diagnosis or suspicion of a meniscal lesion. Background: The menisci transmit weight bearing forces and increase stability of the knee. The menisci...
- MENISCUS INJURIES IN THE KNEE. Marx, Robert // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May2004, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p224
Provides information on meniscus injuries in the knee. Function of cartilage; Common cause of meniscus injury; Mechanical symptoms of meniscus injuries in the knee; Initial steps for rehabilitation after arthroscopic surgery.