Review: Etidronate decreases vertebral but not nonvertebral fractures in postmenopausal women
- Effective short term treatment of Paget's disease with oral etidronate. Preston, C.J.; Yates, A.J.P.; Beneton, M.N.C.; Russell, R.G.G.; Gray, R.E.S.; Smith, R.; Kanis, J.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/11/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6513, p79
Investigates the effectiveness of disodium etidronate treatment in patients with Paget's disease of bone in England. Comparison of short and long term treatments of patients; Dosage of the diphosphonate disodium etidronate; Association between one month treatment and transient osteomalacia.
- Etidronic acid/risedronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;3/12/2011, Issue 1342, p16
The article describes the case of three elderly women who acquired diaphyseal femoral fatigue fractures while undergoing treatment with etidronic acid or risedronic acid.
- Alendronic acid/etidronic acid/risedronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;12/4/2010, Issue 1330, p7
The article describes the case of an elderly woman who experienced allergic conjunctivitis while receiving treatment with alendronic acid, risedronic acid and etidronic acid for osteoporosis, referencing a study published in the October 2010 issue of the "Canadian Family Physician."
- Clinical effect of bisphosphonate and vitamin D on osteoporosis: reappraisal of a multicenter double-blind clinical trial comparing etidronate and alfacalcidol. Takuo Fujita; Hajime Orimo; Tetsuo Inoue; Kiyoshi Kaneda; Minoru Sakurai; Rikushi Morita; Kichizo Yamamoto; Yoichi Sugioka; Akio Inoue; Kunio Takaoka; Itsuo Yamamoto; Yuichi Hoshino; Hiroshi Kawaguchi // Journal of Bone & Mineral Metabolism;Mar2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p130
Abstract??As inhibitors of bone resorption, bisphosphonates and vitamin D derivatives have been extensively used for the treatment of osteoporosis in various parts of the world, but the clinical effects of these two groups of agents have rarely been compared in detail. A multicenter,...
- Sodium Etidronate in the Treatment of Paget's Disease of Bone. Khairi, M. R. A.; Altman, R. D.; DeRosa, G. P.; Zimmermann, J.; Schenk, R. K.; Johnston, C. C. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec77, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p656
Presents a study which examined the effectiveness of sodium etidronate (EHDP) in the treatment of patients with symptomatic Paget's disease of bone. Biochemical observations of the study; Evaluation of the effects of EHDP therapy; Adverse effects of EHDP.
- Guidelines on the management and treatment of glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis of the Japanese Society for Bone and Mineral Research: 2014 update. Suzuki, Yasuo; Nawata, Hajime; Soen, Satoshi; Fujiwara, Saeko; Nakayama, Hisanori; Tanaka, Ikuko; Ozono, Keiichi; Sagawa, Akira; Takayanagi, Ryoichi; Tanaka, Hiroyuki; Miki, Takami; Masunari, Naomi; Tanaka, Yoshiya // Journal of Bone & Mineral Metabolism;Jul2014, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p337
In this article, the author discusses treatment and management of glucocorticoid (GC) induced osteoporosis which is widely used to treat various inflammatory and immunologic that cause rheumatic, respiratory, and skin diseases. Topics discussed include cohort analysis on Japanese patients with...
- Rhenium-188-etidronic acid. // Reactions Weekly;Dec2015, Vol. 1580 Issue 1, p306
The article describes the case of a patient who developed leucopenia after being treated with rhenium-188-etidronic acid.
- Raloxifene: A Viewpoint by Karen M. Prestwood, M.D. Prestwood, K.M. // Drugs & Aging;1998, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p342
Comments on the use of raloxifene in the treatment of osteoporosis in women. Physiological effects of the drug; Advantages of using raloxifene for prevention of osteoporosis; Effectiveness of raloxifene.
- A step-by-step approach to osteoporosis treatment. Barbieri, Robert L.; Gregory, Tanya // Patient Care;4/30/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p138
Provides a practical approach for the screening and treatment of women, who are at risk of osteoporosis. Discussion on menopause; Definition of osteoporosis; Characterization of osteoporosis; Problem of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.