Investors Look to Start Stocking Up On New Deals Ahead of Lean Winter
- A Taste for Risk Among the Elite. Husband, Sarah // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/3/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 18, p7
Explores why high-yield investors are targeting high yield portfolio in the United States. Mutual funds; Interest rate risk of high-grade accounts; Purchase of high-yield bonds.
- High Grade Investors Fish In High Yield's Nether Regions. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p9
Reports that high grade investors are moving into high yield investment in the United States. Outflows in high yield mutual funds; 12-year bond issue from American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co.; Interest-rate risk.
- IRS Settles With Fund, Not Issuer. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p1
Reports on the joining of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a closing agreement with a large tax-exempt mutual fund after failing to reach a settlement with an issuer of the taxable bonds in Washington D.C. Efforts of the IRS to find the names of the bondholders in the abusive transactions;...
- Target funds often can miss their mark. // Journal of Business (10756124);4/17/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 9, pB1
The article explains how asset-allocation funds that carry the names target-date or lifecycle funds work. According to the author, the funds use predetermined asset allocations that change at set intervals between now and an individual's expected year of retirement. The author adds that a target...
- Hedge funds in a portfolio context: A mean-modified value at risk framework. Kooli, Maher; Amvella, Serge Patrick; Gueyi�, Jean-Pierre // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p373
Hedge funds (HFs) are attracting growing interest from investors. Their persistent high returns, combined with their low correlation with traditional assets such as equities and bonds, have certainly acted in their favour. This attraction is, however, accompanied by a price to pay. Hedge funds'...
- Fears raised over strategic bond allocations. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/16/2012, p25
The article presents information on the views offered by TM Darwin founder David Jane on strategic bond allocations. Jane has warned that multi-asset funds that invest heavily in strategic bonds may not offer sufficient diversification to investors. He said that a lot of multi-asset funds are...
- Show Us Your Portfolio. // Money;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p80
Looks at the investment portfolio of Elaine Garzarelli, Chairman of Garzarelli Capital. Her investments in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds; Investing philosophy.
- Morningstar: European funds post inflows after June exits. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;9/2/2013, p3
The article focuses on the latest Morningstar Direct Asset Flows Commentary for Europe which shows inflows of 26.8 billion pound for European open-ended funds during July, 2013. It further discusses the fixed-income funds, high-yield bold and European government bond funds have "fallen out of...
- BlackRock's Blundell: Why I'm not interested in EMD. Yarker, Jonathan // Fundweb;7/5/2013, p11
The article reports on the performance of the BlackRock Corporate Bond Fund. It is said that as the sector continues to struggle, the fund is steering away from emerging market debt (EMD). Fund manager Simon Blundell says that investors have to be "extremely bullish" when it comes to EMD. As...