Investors Look to Start Stocking Up On New Deals Ahead of Lean Winter
- High Grade Investors Fish In High Yield's Nether Regions. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;5/3/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p9
Reports that high grade investors are moving into high yield investment in the United States. Outflows in high yield mutual funds; 12-year bond issue from American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co.; Interest-rate risk.
- IRS Settles With Fund, Not Issuer. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;2/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31817, p1
Reports on the joining of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a closing agreement with a large tax-exempt mutual fund after failing to reach a settlement with an issuer of the taxable bonds in Washington D.C. Efforts of the IRS to find the names of the bondholders in the abusive transactions;...
- Fears raised over strategic bond allocations. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/16/2012, p25
The article presents information on the views offered by TM Darwin founder David Jane on strategic bond allocations. Jane has warned that multi-asset funds that invest heavily in strategic bonds may not offer sufficient diversification to investors. He said that a lot of multi-asset funds are...
- Show Us Your Portfolio. // Money;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p80
Looks at the investment portfolio of Elaine Garzarelli, Chairman of Garzarelli Capital. Her investments in stocks, bonds, and mutual funds; Investing philosophy.
- Morningstar: European funds post inflows after June exits. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;9/2/2013, p3
The article focuses on the latest Morningstar Direct Asset Flows Commentary for Europe which shows inflows of 26.8 billion pound for European open-ended funds during July, 2013. It further discusses the fixed-income funds, high-yield bold and European government bond funds have "fallen out of...
- Investors Keep Fleeing Muni Funds. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;9/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33979, p1
The article informs that the municipal bond market in the U.S. failed to encourage the investors who pulled a net 1.90 billion U.S. dollars from muni bond mutual funds on September 11, 2013. It informs that the tax-exempt fund outflows accelerated sharply in the June 2013. As per George...
- Mark Dampier: Don't write bonds off yet. Dampier, Mark // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/14/2013, p40
The author offers his views on the Old Mutual Global Strategic Bond, managed by Stewart Cowley. He says that the fund has the potential to make money for investors. The recent trend among investors to sell bonds to buy shares had led to a rise in equity markets. The Old Mutual fund's exposure is...
- At Deadline. // Money Management Executive;6/23/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the decline in equity mutual funds in May 2003 in spite of the continued market rally. Equity funds preferred by investors; Performance of bonds in the market; Reasons cited by Lipper analysts for the waning of the equity funds.
- Predictability of Fixed-Income Fund Returns. Potts, Tom; Reichenstein, William // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p62
â€¢ Most prior research concluded that investors have no ability to predict bond mutual fund returns. This article's research suggests that on an absolute level of return and on a relative basis that returns can be partially predictable. â€¢ The reason much past research found no...