Ohio Readies $328M Refunding Now That Rates Are Up to Snuff
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Geltzer, Gabriel; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31366, p31
Reports developments on issues related to revenue bonds in the U.S. as of April 2002. Issuance of obligation bonds in Gilbert, Arizona; Sale of wastewater-disposal and pollution-abatement general obligation refunding bonds in Arkansas; Reimbursements of federal Medicare in Kansas.
- Clark County, Nev., Postpones GO Sale After Auditor Refuses Use of Old Data. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;11/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32018, p3
Reports on the delay of the issuance of general obligation refunding bonds in Clark County, Nevada. Refusal of its former auditor Deloitte & Touche to give consent to publish the county's 2003 financials in the deal's official statement; Preparation of the 2004 audit by public accounting firm...
- All-Minority Team to Underwrite $117M for Harris County, Tex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p1
Reports on the syndicate composed entirely of minority-owned firms used by Harris County in Texas to underwrite two series of general obligation (GO) refunding bonds as part of a debt package worth $279 million. Pricing and composition of the GO; Samuel A. Ramirez & Co. as lead manager for the...
- Connecticut to Sell $730M for Transportation Infrastructure. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/30/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34186, p1
Connecticut will come to market with a $730 million sale of special tax obligation transportation infrastructure bonds, including $130 million in refunding.
- MICHIGAN: S&P Drops Bullock Creek. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p9
The article reports that Bullock Creek School District has received a drop rating from A-minus to BBB-plus from Standard & Poor's Corp. regarding their outstanding general obligation refunding bonds. Accordingly, the downgrade reflects a structural budget imbalance and four consecutive years of...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...