Muni Yields Fall in Quiet Trading
- Munis Finish Unchanged to Slightly Weaker. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in October 3, 2007. The municipal market was unchanged to slightly weaker as economic data came higher than anticipated. According to a trader, the market was fine and the bonds began to sell off as the Treasury...
- Massachusetts' $1 Billion GO Offering Heads $5.5B Slate. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/7/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32623, p6
The article reports on the performance of municipal market in the U.S. Expected volume in the municipal market holds steady for May 7 to 12, 2007 at about $5.5 billion on the strength of a $1 billion general obligation bond sale of Massachusetts. The transaction represents about 18% of the $5.5...
- Munis Mixed Heading Into 3-Day Weekend. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the U.S. municipal market for Friday, January 18, 2008. According to the author, the municipal market was mixed Friday heading into a three-day weekend, reflecting short-end gains and long-end losses. The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board...
- Munis Weaken a Bit as Traders Hesitate. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32961, p2
The article reports on the weak performance of the municipal treasury market in New York. It is stated that the financial performance of the market is weak, thus showed losses. The yield on the benchmarket 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.65%, finished at 3.73%. The economic data...
- Yields Firm Substantially in Moderate Action. McGee, Partrick // Bond Buyer;9/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33388, p2
The article reports on the rate of return in the municipal market on September 22, 2010 in the U.S. It cites that the rate of returns of the municipal market were firmer due to the tremendous demand. It mentions that treasuries continued to rally in the intermediate and long end of the curve...
- Bond Funds Profit From Lagging Money Market Vehicles. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p45
Examines the municipal bond funds with the availability of money market funds. Emphasis of the tax-free money market funds; Inclusion of the net outflow from retail tax-free money market funds; Comparison between stock funds and net inflow.
- Retail reader's guide. // Bond Buyer;10/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30244, p9
Presents charts and a graph reflecting Municipal Market Data (MMD) in the United States as of October 1, 1997. California yield curve; MMD yield curves.
- Managers show surprise over short, mild January effect. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p7
Reports on the performance of money market performance of municipal bonds in the United States recent to January 15, 1998. Increase of yields of variable-rate demand notes; Wide selection of new issues; Low interest rates as a result of high demand; Investment attitudes of investors.
- MMD short-term yields. // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p7
Presents graphs reflecting the performance municipal bonds in the United States. Performance of daily variable-rate demand notes from January 1997 to January 1998; Short-term yield curve; Tax-free money market funds.