NEWS IN BRIEF
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // Bond Buyer;7/09/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31673, p2
Presents information related to trends in money market in the U.S. as of July 2003. Consumer credit forecast; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- BUT IF US CONSUMERS GO ON STRIKE, EXCHANGE RATES WON'T MATTER. // Global Finance;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the volatility of the consumer credit quality measures in the U.S. Instability of the labor market; Increase of personal bankruptcy filings; Assessment of the consumers spending capacity.
- Credit Markets and Borrower Effort. Watson, Harry // Southern Economic Journal;Jan84, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p802
Briefly, we have found that a Pareto optimal level of effort will always be chosen with loan contracts that produce a zero probability of default. One consequence of this is that collateral restrictions rather than loan rate restrictions will lead to inefficient levels of effort on the part of...
- Job Markets Are Soft. Hansen, Fay // Workforce (10928332);Jan2003, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p18
Reports on issues related to job markets in the U.S. as of January 2003. Percentage of workers unemployed; Rate of unemployment; Decline in the rate of employee resignation.
- News In Brief. // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p2
Presents several news briefs related to securities industry in the U.S. as of October 9, 2001. Effect of employee layoffs on the Labor market; Increase in consumer credit; Several appointments of chairmen and deputy chairmen in twelve Federal Reserve banks for the year 2002.
- Decrease of Immigration. // America;1/20/1912, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p352
The author reflects on the expected 30 percent decline in the total immigration in the U.S. in 1912. According to the author, times of stringency both in money and labor markets led to a mass departure while a return to industrial prosperity was commonly simultaneous with the influx of...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Money Marketing;6/28/2007, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the money market in Great Britain. Phil Wagstaff has resigned as head of retail sales and marketing managing director at New Star to accept the offer of Gartmore to head its global distribution. JP Morgan Asset Management has appointed David Halfacre as...
- European consumer credit: point of sale finance makes up a third of market. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p120
The article comments on the status of the consumer finance market in Western Europe. Point of sale finance plays a major role within the consumer credit industry in Europe, accounting for an estimated 33.6% in 2004.
- Top 10 stories online this week. // Money Marketing;8/1/2013, p24
A list of the top online stories related to money marketing in July 2013 is presented, including advisers' comment on consumer credit and the retail distribution review (RDR) concerns of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).