Illinois Lawmakers Mull Airline Aid Plan
- Chicago May Issue $460M For United. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p1
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' issuance of revenue bonds on United Airlines Inc.'s behalf. Bond authorization endorsed by the City Council's Finance Committee; Structure of the bonds; Refinancing opportunities in the downward interest rate environment.
- United's Legal Woes Put Investors on Accountability Alert. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p6
Reports on the legal uncertainty surrounding the revenue bonds issued for special facilities leased by United Airlines Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Impact of the case on investors; Airports where special facilities revenue bonds have been issued for United; Control over airports' lease structures.
- Bankrupt United Airlines Continue Court Fight for Bond Proceeds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p6
Reports on United Airlines Inc.'s court arguments on its right to tap into $1.8 million of remaining special facilities revenue bond process held in construction accounts. Payments made by the airline for the projects in Los Angeles, California; United's filing before the U.S. bankruptcy court.
- Investors in holding pattern over United aircraft leases. Fulman, Ricki // Pensions & Investments;2/3/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
Reports on expectations of investors owning airlines company United Airlines Inc. aircraft-backed enhanced equipment trust certificates (EETC) over aircraft leases scheduled for week ending February 08, 2003. Formation of an ad hoc committee by investors in EETC to maximize the value of the...
- United Loses Exclusive O'Hare Rights. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32192, p1
Reports on the tentative agreement between management of the United Airlines Inc. and the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Aim to settle the city's lease dispute involving special facilities revenue bonds for projects at the airport; Terms of the agreement; Expectations towards...
- United tries to escape paying bonds. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the use of United Airlines Inc.'s bankruptcy to dodge its bond payment. Disagreement of United Airlines and Indianapolis Airport Authority over the nature of the payment; Position of United on any payments of special facilities bonds; Sale of bonds to large institutional investors.
- United Tries To Stop Lease Penalties. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p1
United Airlines Inc. has asked a federal bankruptcy court to issue a temporary restraining order barring Denver, San Francisco, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and Los Angeles from enforcing lease provisions that permit them to evict the airline for failing to repay special...
- Deal May Free United Funds for Debt Service. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p1
Reports on the agreement reached between bankrupt United Airlines Inc. and the trustees on two of its special facilities bond issue that would release around $36 million in construction funds to cover its due debt service payments. Unsecured status of bonds; Refusal of United to negotiate the...
- United Asks Court to Rehear Plea. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p1
Reports on the plea of the United Airlines for the bankruptcy court to declare unenforceable provisions in its leases in Chicago, Illinois. Requirement of repayment of special facilities revenue bonds; Inclusion of the expiration of so-called standstill agreement; Preclusion of the city from...